Domestic Franchise Paralegal
Company: YUM! Brands, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM),
is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant
(QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves
made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other
craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer
American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly
serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000
restaurants around the world, as well as through its mobile,
desktop and delivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell
has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants
in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to "Live Mas" and connects with
them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat
music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and
serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco
Bell Foundation, and connects fans with their passions through
programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. According to
Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America's Best Mexican-Food
Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is looking to hire an experienced Franchise Paralegal.
This position is accountable for providing business-focused legal
support to our domestic franchising and development teams. The
successful candidate will have a passion for providing world-class
legal support by collaboratively working across business units
while consistently modelling Taco Bell's unique Live Mas
- Provide legal support for day to day domestic franchise matters
including purchase and sale agreements, restructures, early
closures, defaults and terminations
- Partner with franchisees on a wide-range of legal issues and
policy matters to ensure achievement of business objectives while
minimizing legal risks
- Review contracts and transfer documents for the sale of
domestic franchised restaurants and the transfer of franchise
- Draft development agreements to support Taco Bell's domestic
- Lease review and familiarity with leasing terminology
- Act as a liaison to departments within the corporation
including: finance, development, construction, accounting and
- Effectively communicate to help drive alignment with
franchisees and other business partners
Is This You?
- Minimum of 4-6 years of legal experience; relevant in-house and
transactional experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Completion of a paralegal program with a Paralegal Certificate
or Degree in Paralegal Studies, preferred
- Experience reviewing and drafting contracts
- Experience in restaurant or retail industries preferred
- Understanding of commercial contracts, franchising, corporate
documents, corporate entity formation or real estate, is
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with all
levels of the organization including management, peers, and
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time
and multiple priorities to completion
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook and database management
- Proven problem solving skills with an analytical and business
- Must be a team player with the ability to adapt in a fast paced
and rapidly changing environment
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a
thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our
mission of feeding people's lives with ms!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell
inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, salon
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life's adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug
benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation's educational
initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
(recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show
benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
- Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available
and/or may be modified at the Company's sole discretion during the
COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Keywords: YUM! Brands, Inc., Irvine , Domestic Franchise Paralegal, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!