As the Senior Salesforce Platform Engineer, you will be part of
the core team that is responsible for designing, building and
maintaining the Salesforce platform and related technologies. This
role will focus horizontally across our Salesforce group with the
goal of impacting our platform and evolving the way we work. You'll
collaborate with other Salesforce Engineers focused on business
delivery while you solve challenging problems like technical
frameworks and how we take advantage of features like Platform
Events to build processes and how we can implement Salesforce DX.
Come join a collaborative and growing organization where you can
make a difference.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
The Salesforce Software Engineer will join the Sales Technology
team at Splunk, working closely with leadership and internal
customers as we supercharge our go-to-market capabilities. Working
cross-functionally with a broad set of business partners, you will
use keen business process understanding, appreciation for
simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of elbow
grease to create holistic solutions that meet business and
technology objectives while cultivating Splunk's long-range
You'll be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible
for innovating and simplifying the sales experience across
channels, functions, and platforms.
You'll be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof
of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our
You'll drive the innovative use of Salesforce.com as an
enterprise business platform for a rapidly growing and evolving
You'll facilitate maintenance and enhancement of the
Salesforce.com platform for the Sales and Marketing teams
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 7+ years of experience implementing and supporting large scale,
technically complex solutions on Salesforce and associated
- 1+ year of experience setting up a build process in Salesforce
using technologies like SFDX, GitLab, Jenkins, Metadata APIs
- 1+ year of experience integrating the Salesforce platform with
internal and external systems
- 1+ year of experience with Lightning development, ideally as
part of a Lightning migration
- A deep understanding of the overall Salesforce ecosystem
- Confidence in debugging and working with complex
implementations involving features like asynchronous processing on
- A programming background using one or more of the languages
- Good knowledge of enterprise integration architectures such as
SOA, RESTful, ETL
- A deep understanding of software testing with knowledge on
building test plans and executing them in unit, functional and user
acceptance test cycles
- A deep understanding on B2B sales and marketing processes
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical
skills to set up and interpret logic, data tables, and rule
- A desire to learn and apply new technologies
- An ability to self-train quickly and pick up new skills as
- A good understanding of cloud offerings market space
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- A deep understanding of architectural principles for
cloud-based platforms such as SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, multi-tenancy,
multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers
- Salesforce Certifications
- Agile Certifications
Education: Got it!
Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Information
Technology, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always
expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and
contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and
dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product
management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through
ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors
help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have
a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home
sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible
with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps
cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best
Places to Work" by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a
row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a
plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an
affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally
protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is
applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other
locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.