Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior Coder to our
location in Irvine, CA.
We are seeking a Senior Coder who will apply ICD -10 and CPT-4
codes to medical records based on documentation provided by
physicians. Adheres to strict federal coding rules in selecting
codes that appropriately reflect the condition, which the patient
had, and the care that was provided. Abstracts clinical and
statistical information for outcome measure and monitoring.
Balances need for 95% accuracy against timely completion for
billing deadlines. Serves as a lead role by assisting other areas
in the hospital in the review, corrections, and rebills of coded
In this position you will have the following
- May code a variety of patient charts.
- Knowledgeably applies ICD10-CM, CPT encoders and other
- Accurately assigns DRGs and monitors and audits assignment of
- Monitor and perform follow-up on un-coded accounts to ensure
timely billing to ensure Revenue Cycle month-end billhold goal is
- Assists Clinical Documentation Specialist with questions and
reviews documentation worksheets for accuracy of documentation and
- Works with other areas of the hospital assisting in review,
corrections, rebills of coded accounts.
- Processes discharges by updating the electronic program reflect
any changes in status, procedures/treatment, and conferring with
physicians to finalized diagnoses and conducts follow-up reviews of
clinical documentation specialist to ensure points of clarification
have been recorded in the patient charts.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of clinical information
used for measuring and reporting physician and medical center
- Assists in screen processes, making referrals, interacting with
case managers and Clinical Documentation Specialist to ensure
continuity of patient care.
- Maintains appropriate non-leading queries post discharge to
- Educates physicians, case management, charge nurse and other
departments as needed.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the current changes of coding
practices by reading source material, such as Coding Clinic,
Medicare Newsletters, and other professional journals.
- Attend department meetings and attend/read all education
workshops, Coding Round Table Meetings, or any other required
meetings as determined by the Coding Manager.
- Track ongoing issues and escalate to the Coding Manager in a
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Coursework/Training: Completion of coding classes in AHIMA
certified coding program.
- 4 years experience in CPT, ICD-10-PCS, and ICD-10-CM acute care
- One of the three credentials below:
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) upon
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) upon hire.
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) upon hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate/Bachelor's Degree in Health Information
About the department you will serve.
One Revenue Cycle (ORC) is the name adopted to reflect the
Providence employees who work throughout Providence Health &
Services (PH&S) in revenue cycle systems and structures in
support of our ministries and operations in all regions from Alaska
to California. ORC's objective is to ensure our core strategy, One
Ministry Committed to Excellence, is delivered along with the
enhanced overall patient care experience (know me, care for me,
ease my way) by providing a robust foundation of services,
operational and technical support, and the sharing of
comprehensive, relevant, and highly specialized revenue cycle
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Irvine , Senior Coder, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!