Software Development Engineer
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company
that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics.
Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc.,
originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products.
Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire
tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer - Framework, you will
conceive, design and deliver innovative device features that will
be deployed to high volume consumer products. You will work closely
with internal interdisciplinary teams and outside partners to drive
key aspects of feature definition, execution and test. You must be
responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open,
collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
- Architect, develop, and deliver features for new and existing
- Investigate, prototype and deliver innovative solutions
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality
- Use architectural principles, select design patterns, and
mentor other team members
- Bachelor's degree in n Computer Science, Computer Engineering
or Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in software development.
- 1+ years of programming experience with at least one modern
language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or
- 2+ years of Java and C/C++ coding experience in embedded
- 1+ years of the Android framework or other Linux based embedded
systems framework experience
- Understanding of embedded development constraints
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in mentoring other developers
- Ability to drive innovation and passionate about learning new
- Experienced in working effectively in a cross-functional
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Irvine , Software Development Engineer, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!