Senior Financial Analyst
Company: BMO Harris
Posted on: June 7, 2021
7700 Irvine Center Drive
Job Family Group:
Commercial Sales & Service
Facilitates decisioning and analysis of all types of credit
information to support lending decisions and processes for the
bank. Maintains and promotes a client service environment to
satisfy and exceed customer needs and expectations. This role will
make credit decisions and recommendations in accordance with sound
credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policies &
- Establishes cross-selling initiatives to increase penetration
- Applies deep expertise in bank products, processes and systems
and effectively trouble shooting to ensure a high-quality client
- May coordinate closing with closing department, clients and
- Serves as a daily escalation resource to ensure client
expectations are met or exceeded.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues
and implications for the business.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for
execution of business/group strategy.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external
- Participates in the development of financial models and other
analytical tools to assist clients in evaluating capital
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and
- Maintains current on financing trends in target clients'
markets, and communicate same to team members.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan
designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops
tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution
- Oversees preparation of concise, well reasoned credit
- Coordinates the preparation of lending proposals and pitches to
prospective clients with efforts to maximize penetration and
- Negotiates transactions with clients and provides deal
- Oversees documentation and ongoing monitoring of asset and
- May manage work flow of other analysts by aligning tasks with
departmental goals and objectives.
- Provides accurate financial analysis and risk assessment of new
and existing customers.
- Partners with internal stakeholders for accurate, detailed
- Develops credit information to make lending decisions on new,
renewal and extension loans.
- Assists in negotiations of terms and conditions of all
decisions made via phone and e-mail interaction with clients.
- Prepares summary, present facts and offer opinions concerning
- Minimizes BMO's risk exposure by adhering to internal credit
policies and procedures with respect to lending decisions.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have
broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems
within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and
post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through
extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly
Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create
lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our
people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we
transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued,
respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an
impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for
yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and
resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our
customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to
manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you
gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and
accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we
gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris
Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part
in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation,
please contact your recruiter.
Keywords: BMO Harris, Irvine , Senior Financial Analyst, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!