IPS is hiring! We are looking for a talented Lead Plumbing and
Fire Protection Engineer to join our industry leading Engineering
team at state-of-the-art office located in Irvine, CA to support
our life science clients.
The Lead Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineer works independently
on various projects as assigned by a Project Manager/Director. This
position will play a role in the entire design process including
but not limited to preliminary assessments, concept creation, basis
of designs, detailed design activities and field related inspection
and conflict resolution. The Lead Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineer
will work on concurrent projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses the requirements of a project, break a project into
tasks and work with a Project Manager to determine scope of work,
budget and staffing. Write scope of work for plumbing and fire
protection design based on preliminary review and meetings with the
- Develops design concepts; prepares documents during design
development phase. Prepare engineering studies and schematic design
for new systems and analyze operation of existing systems.
- Required use of Revit technologies to develop sketches,
drawings and construction documents. Reviews drawings and documents
to assure compliance with company design and production
- Works with equipment suppliers/vendors to obtain the necessary
information needed for design completion. Interacts with clients
regularly to secure scope and design intent.
- Ensure acceptable levels of quality and checks for coordination
of work to assure documents reflect design intent and necessary
coordination. Coordinate all aspects of project document completion
within company and externally with clients and other design
- Attend job and construction meetings and participate in the
coordination of the work.
- Contributes to annual performance reviews for assigned staff.
Assists in the education and development of design staff and act as
resource for design questions.
Qualifications & Requirements
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 10 years' of previous pharmaceutical based engineering
experience doing plumbing and fire protection design, preferred in
- Technical or Bachelor's Degree from an accredited technical
institution or college in engineering design areas.
- Must be proficient in the use of Revit for design and
understand CAD operations.
- Knowledge of all aspects of plumbing and fire protection
systems including Sanitary and Vent Systems, Storm Systems, Process
Waste Systems, Lab and Vent Systems, Domestic Water Systems,
Process and Lab Gas Systems, Sprinkler Design and Wet/Dry/Pre
Action Systems. Must be able to produce designs, flow diagrams,
specifications and calculations for the above systems.
- Able to travel up to 25%.
Qualifications considered a plus:
- Professional Engineer License a plus.
- Certification in Plumbing Design (CPD) recommended.
- LEED AP BD+C a plus.
- Ability to analyze engineered systems (such as Compressed Air,
Vacuum Systems, etc.) develop centralized systems and provide
alternative design approaches.
- Experience in design of LEED related Water systems.
- Design experience with target cost design and ability to offer
value engineering solutions on systems and materials.
Core Value Candidate Qualifications
- Exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit by consistently seeking new
opportunities to add value to the organization. Must strive for
excellence in all aspects of job performance.
- Approach their work enthusiastically with a contagious energy
and drive that shows everyone they love what they do.
- Display creativity and innovation by continually working to
improve solutions, tools, methods and service delivery system.
- Conduct oneself with an uncompromising commitment to the
welfare of our clients and each other. Act in an ethical,
professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Exhibit the ability to build and sustain long term
relationships of mutual value through teamwork.
- Driven to succeed and committed to goal attainment.
#IAmIPS #IPSCaliforniaJobs #greatplacetowork #greatcolleagues
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing
innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering,
construction, commissioning and qualification of complex
pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities.
With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to
large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology,
trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital
projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have
applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life
cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more
efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs.
Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company
with over 1,500 professionals worldwide and offices in California,
Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina,
Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, Ireland, Singapore,
Switzerland, UK and four locations in India. Visit our website at
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction,
Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic
Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls,
Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and
Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of
protected veterans (M/F/D/V). IPS will consider qualified
applicants with criminal histories.
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not
seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search
firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past
practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at
IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS
in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a
specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no
fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a
result of the referral or through other means.
Apply for this job onlineRefer this job to a friend Share on
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for updates about what's
going on at IPS.