Quality Assurance Manager - Alexa
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Alexa is the Amazon Digital Assistant that powers the Echo
Family of Devices and a growing family of tablets, TVs, smart
devices and more. We believe voice is the most natural user
interface for interacting with the home and is fundamental to
enabling the dream of the smart, connected home.
We're seeking a Quality Assurance Manager who will be a strong
advocate for quality on a cross-functional team. The candidate will
be obsessed with holding a high-quality bar for our customers and
always be looking for better ways to improve the customer
experience with each new feature launch.
A day in the life
A successful candidate will manage a QA team and own the quality
assessment, measurement, and reporting of large complex
cross-organizational software systems with considerable impact for
customers and the business. The candidate is a quality leader for
Amazon customers. You will use structures and mechanisms that
provide confidence that large or difficult software releases will
be successful. You leverage proven test methods and drive the
redesign or implementation of a new testing strategies across the
organization. Your testing strategies and approaches to work are
exemplary, are inventive, easily maintainable, and appropriately
scalable and extensible.
About the hiring group
The team enables customers to easily purchase and enjoy premium
experience through Alexa's voice and display capabilities. We build
systems to provide a seamless and secure end-to-end experience so
customers can effortlessly buy, access, and enjoy premium features
with Alexa. We offer Alexa developers a suite of tools to create,
manage, promote, and sell digital content across Alexa's voice and
display capabilities. We prioritize enabling developers to build
new experience that delight our customers globally.
- Independently manage a team of Quality Assurance Engineers and
Test Automation Engineers
- Drive delivery of quality releases using proven test
methodologies and frameworks
- Advocate for holding a high-quality bar with a multi-layered
approach of unit, load, integration, automation, and production
test suites to assure quality through the software delivery life
- You lead crisp data driven decisions that detail customer and
- Drive employee growth that helps your team members expand,
grow, and demonstrate their skillset
- Define audit mechanisms and metrics that improve quality and
track against team goals.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- 3+ years of experience managing Quality Assurance Teams
- 1+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance
- Experience managing automation testers
- Experience managing manual testers
- Experience in manual testing
- Experience in automation testing
- A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated
ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Irvine , Quality Assurance Manager - Alexa, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!