Manager, Programming Operations
Posted on: June 7, 2021
As Manager of Programming Operations, you will be responsible
for constructing, developing and executing the on-demand and linear
schedules for new and existing channels. You will be responsible
for updating programming wheels and proactively supporting
programming stunts throughout the year in tandem with the XUMO
marketing team. Your role within the content operations team at
XUMO is critical to growing the amount of time millions of viewers
tune in to the 190+ channels available on XUMO every day. XUMO is a
leading global free, ad-supported streaming service. This position
will be responsible for coordinating and executing the launch
programming wheels for new partners and setting the strategy for
existing partners, so they are on a clear growth plan. You must
have a solid foundation in video delivery distribution for live and
VOD environments, including asset and database management, content
management systems, authentication services, streaming security,
monetization options, digital rights management, encoding,
transcoding and programming tools. The role requires a strong,
creative thinker responsible for organizing and building linear and
VOD channels for both domestic and international distribution to
over 45 million households via TV, streaming and mobile devices.
Duties include managing the onboarding, ingestion and encoding
process, deploying new metadata workflows, architecting new
programming rules and working with partners to guarantee channels
remain fresh while adhering to a 24-hour wheel. He or she will
specify digital programming requirements and work with the
appropriate teams to manage and deploy new business rules to
support said requirements.
- Effectively and clearly communicate programming plans across
the company through the appropriate forums.
- Design, plan and implement program schedules for high
engagement channels on XUMO both long and short form.
- Lead and manage the day to day long form scheduling
- Perform analysis, diagnosis and resolution of programming
schedules with low rotation with an aim to increase freshness and
engagement, impacting the bottom line.
- Work closely with marketing on all stunts and programming
initiatives to elevate XUMO's awareness.
- Assist server team to implement programming acceptance criteria
of proprietary content management systems.
- Work closely with multiplatform windows for long form
programming content across non and linear channels.
- Monitor competitive programming and marketplace trends and
analyze their implications.
- Help define Video Requirements and Best Practices.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in program scheduling. Streaming
- Proven experience in Scheduling, Operations, and Research.
- Demonstrated strong management and proven leadership skills
working with all levels.
- Demonstrated strong time-management, prioritization and
- Demonstrated strong strategic and analytical planning and
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to cultivate
relationships and negotiate with internal clients.
- Extensive knowledge of streaming criteria and content
- Experience with manual delivery systems such as Aspera, AWS S3
- Proven strong written and oral communication skills.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company by
joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides
to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality - to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers
site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Irvine , Manager, Programming Operations, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!