Manager, Security Engineering
Company: Ingram Micro.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day
with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and
Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become
the world's largest technology distributor with operations in 59
countries and more than 35,000 associates.
We are looking for a Manager of Security Engineering to lead a
hardworking team of information security engineers. This new team
will be responsible for information security technology as well as
implementing security controls throughout the organization. The
Manager will be responsible for building the team, recruiting,
coaching, mentoring, and defining processes and procedures. Most
importantly, the role must understand how to quantify risk and
prioritize remediation tasks across the company.
As a manager, you won't be configuring tools all day long, you
will also need to focus on the development of the team, interfacing
with other information security, IT, and business teams, developing
processes and procedures, and communicating results and risk to
both technical and business audiences. You will be responsible for
leading a team of security engineers, providing leadership,
coordination, and operational management of the team. In this
critical role, you will help develop detection strategy, set goals,
and provide performance and professional feedback. As the manager,
you will lead the team to continually improve through better
skills, policies, procedures, and processes. The ideal candidate
should understand the importance of written reports and
communication and should excel in this area.
- Work to create, leverage automation, continuously develop, and
maintain a mature information security technology
- Be a resourceful part of the talented team responsible for
security operations and incident response
- Research the latest security best practices and technologies,
staying abreast of new threats and vulnerabilities and helping
disseminate this information within the groups at the company
- Hire, mentor, coach direct reports, help them navigate
challenges, and motivate them for their career development.
- Develop content and configuration for various security
- Experience in the security aspects of multiple platforms,
operating systems, software, communications, and network protocols
in pursuit of maximizing value from security technology.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities and
operate effectively in a dynamic, demand-based environment,
requiring flexibility and responsiveness to client matters and
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks within an
agile and dynamic operational environment
- Collaborate and align closely with the Security Tools
Administration team to create, test, and implement security
controls and technology.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science,
Math or Cyber Security related field is required. A graduate degree
- Work Experience: 7+ years' experience in technical IT or
Information/Cyber Security and 3+ years related to this role.
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role.
- Experience with industry-leading information security tools
(SIEM, EDR, AV, DLP, etc)
- Experience with cloud services
- Experience developing and implementing security controls and
driving operational excellence
- Strong understanding of vulnerabilities, common attack vectors
and has attacker mindset: ability to think about creative threats
and attack vectors.
- Strong communication (i.e., written and verbal), presentation,
teamwork skills and resourcefulness
- Preferred Certifications: GSEC, GMON, GCUX, GDSA, GCWN,
- Pass a proficiency exam related to the role
- Position may require occasional travel.
- Please be prepared to provide three current work references and
pass a criminal background check and drug test.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It's a
representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not
perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment
and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age,
veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable
Keywords: Ingram Micro., Irvine , Manager, Security Engineering, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!