Manager, EV Range Extender System
Company: Karma Automotive
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Southern California-based Karma is more than just a car company.
Although we are best known as a creator of soul-stirring luxury
electric vehicles, Karma has emerged as a high-tech incubator
offering innovators a perfect platform to prove their emerging
technologies. Every Revero is designed at our Headquarters in
Irvine and created with great individual care and world-class
craftsmanship at the Karma Innovation and Customization Center in
Moreno Valley, CA.
The Manager, EV Range Extender System is responsible for
supervising a team of powertrain engineers and designers
responsible for delivery of EV Range Extender system and related
powertrain components. This includes fuel cell, engine, intake,
exhaust, fuel system, gearbox, brackets, as well as major
assemblies that include electrical components. The manager will be
responsible for all deliverables in accordance with Karma
Automotive requirements and in line with program timing. In
addition, the Manager, EV Range Extender System must ensure that
all quality and reliability objectives are met.
- Supervise design and release engineers in powertrain hardware
- Supervise the creation of statement of work and specification
to be submitted to potential suppliers.
- Supervise packaging of all systems and components.
- Supervise DVP&R and DFMEA at component/module level and
support at system and vehicle level.
- Manage the powertrain hardware budget assigned to the
- Support certification, safety, and vehicle integration
- Work closely with plant personals and support build issues as
- Ensure production deviations are completed as required to
support build requirements.
- Work closely with SQA Team supporting APQP and PPAP
- Ensure that CRs are in place for responsible components/modules
and BOM has been updated with all necessary documents.
- Ensure that all MRD dates are met, delivering high quality
modules in line with program timing.
- Work closely with related module teams such as Powertrain
controls and software, Electrical, and chassis teams.
- Support service and diagnostic teams to cover all relevant
documents (e.g. DTCs, Service Technical Instructions) applicable to
responsible components to make sure they are compliant to Karma
- Represent Powertrain hardware team in cross-functional module
- Support purchasing in sourcing process.
- Hold PDT meetings with suppliers.
- Follow the direction provided by the immediate supervisor and
execute the task.
- Hold weekly staff meetings to communicate information, review
top issues, and follow up on major assignments.
- Assess and develop performance and skills of team members.
- Supervise compliance with all corporate policies, including
attendance, use of company vehicles, and workplace safety.
- Resolve issues and escalate critical issues to higher levels of
management in a timely manner.
- Provide regular progress reports to upper management.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering (preferably Mechanical,
Electrical, or Mechatronics).
- MS in Mechanical Engineering (desired).
- Solid background in conventional and PHEV/EREV/BEV
- Knowledgeable in gasoline engines, air intake systems, exhaust
systems, and fuel systems.
- Working knowledge of US, CARB, EU, and China regulations,
- Working knowledge of relevant standards (SAE, ASME, and
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with at least 3
years in a supervisory or leadership role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and management skills.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015)
and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as
NO 3rd Parties, Principals Only, Please
Join Karma as we transform transportation and mobility with
innovative team work.
Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays
and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions.
Relocation assistance may be available.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity (EEO)
employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender
identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status,
pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national
origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic
information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and
group protected by applicable law. Karma Automotive LLC complies
with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to
all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability.
Valid driver's license may be required based on essential
Keywords: Karma Automotive, Irvine , Manager, EV Range Extender System, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!