Senior Accountant - Irvine, CA
Company: UnitedHealth Group Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you
have to be really smart about the business of health care.
Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever.
Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception
here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives
while doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the
production of financial statements and reports
- Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger accounts in
preparation for month end close
- Prepare journal entries and reviews accounting classifications,
in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues
providing explanations and interpretation
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance
sheets and statements of financial position
- Assist with or lead the month end quarterly end close process
for assigned businesses or groups
- Maintain internal controls based on internal and external
polices and regulations
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 2+ year of accounting experience
- Solid understanding of GAAP and financial statements
- Intermediate Excel skills
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be
required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app,
Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone
system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener.
When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to
wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply
with any state and local masking orders
- Communicates in an effective manner
- Collaborates with peers to complete projects
- Demonstrates the drive and motivation to deliver high quality
results based on thorough analysis
- Sound business knowledge and strong decision-making skills
- Be a self-starter, be able to think outside the box and be a
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire
organization around one giant objective; make the health system
work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the
world's large accumulation of health - related information, or
guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for
millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and
uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group
family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds
and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to
reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high
performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter.
Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular
opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is
an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Accountant, Accountancy, GAAP, Financial
Statements, Irvine, CA, California
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group Inc., Irvine , Senior Accountant - Irvine, CA, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!