Senior Manager, Solutions Architecture
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we are inventing the future of
cloud computing with a team of builders who try new things and
dream big dreams. Our web services provide a platform for IT
infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands
of developers and businesses around the world. Ten years ago, we
couldn't have imagined how far we would come. Now we're inventing
for the next ten years and beyond. But it is still Day 1 for us,
and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse
teams of thinkers, testers, and doers.
Our Solutions Architects team is seeking candidates with a
variety of skills to help shape and deliver on our cloud strategy
for our global customers and partners. As a Solutions Architect
leader, you will be on the front line of helping customers succeed
using AWS technologies, linking technology with measurable business
value for organizations ranging from start-ups to large, enterprise
customers. You will be a trusted customer advocate, helping our
partners understand advanced cloud-based solutions and how to
migrate existing workloads to the cloud.
Come join us as a Solutions Architect leader and work with the
latest cloud computing technologies that enable our customers to do
more with their technology and change the world.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and
credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the
customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. We are looking
for leaders who love learning and introducing new technology in
order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new
technology. We need innovative leaders who can look beyond the
technology and consider the value our technology creates for our
customers, and can help change how our technology is viewed. This
is critical for the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS
as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive
interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting,
communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such
as our services teams, marketing, and professional services teams,
as well as representing your team to executive management.
OTHER KEY CHARACTERISTICS
Fun to work with!! In this role, you will love what you do, and
instinctively know how to make work fun, while maintaining a
work-life balance. We look for leaders who are creative and who are
willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact for their
team, for the company and for our customers.
Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You
will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud
computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of Enterprise
Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions.
The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a
Solutions Architect or a similar role and experience managing a
team of a Solution Architects. You will have an ability to maintain
your hands-on technical expertise as well as a passion for learning
and developing new skills.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a key member of the business development and sales
management teams, ensure success in building and migrating
applications, software and services onto the AWS platform.
- Hire, on-board, coach, and develop new Solutions Architects
from internal and external sources.
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, build deep
relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to
enable them to be "Cloud advocates".
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS
solutions architect community
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets,
and other high-value customer facing guidance and best
practices.Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service
engineering teams and support.
- Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women /
Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /
- 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of
- 3+ years management of technical, customer facing
- 5+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database
architecture and networking
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working within software development
- Working knowledge of software development tools and
- History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture
engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions
to the cloud
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory
Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products
(i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, TOGAF, etc.)
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built
- Demonstrated presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal
and external organizations
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and
complexity for this role
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Irvine , Senior Manager, Solutions Architecture, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!