Import Compliance Analyst
Company: Ingram Micro.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of
technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global
technology and supply chain services to businesses around the
world. Ingram Micro's global infrastructure and deep expertise in
technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its
business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the
markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the
trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner
relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology
services provider for the future.
What you bring to the role:
This position requires ability to support Import Operations on
tasks related to customs clearance and coordination with multiple
stakeholders within the business and supply chain to ensure timely
and accurate clearance of product, validating accuracy of import
documentation, and auditing. Additional responsibilities include
support and the administration of Ingram's C-TPAT Supply Chain
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Examine invoices and documents and ensures compliance with U.S.
- Interface with internal and external customers, freight
forwarders, and other functional areas to ensure coordination and
logistics of shipment delivery
- Provide assistance on classification and determination of
import requirements of commodities
- Support compiling data for metrics reporting
- Evaluate, analyze and address requests, urgent orders and
issues, escalating to management as required.
- Report and assist in the immediate troubleshooting of any
processing delays, errors, or exceptions that occur
- Continuously monitor and provide a timely response to email
- Provide support and conduct compliance audits as determined by
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within
- Compliance project support as determined by management
- Provide administrative support for the department
Administration of CTPAT and ODC programs
- Manage the annual data gathering, review, and analysis of
questionnaires to vendors.
- Perform annual audit of vendors requesting and reviewing
documents related to vendor security.
- Identify discrepancies and/or high-risk vendors and report
findings to manager.
- Gather data from multiple sources and generate a country risk
assessment in regard to human trafficking, corruption and local
economics. Generate an annual formal risk assessment.
- Maintain data on ODC responses from vendors and report
information as required to Corporate Tax.
Reporting, Performance Metrics and Analysis
- Generate, maintain and manage reports designed to provide
analytical support to specified users
- Run daily reporting, maintain trend files for compliance KPIs
and performance metrics
- Run reporting in U.S. Customs Automated Commercial Environment
- Administrative support for regulatory reporting
- Maintain and publish audit metrics
- Generate ad-hoc reports as requested and produce information
utilizing MS Excel functions, such as Vlookup, Pivot Tables, etc.,
to provide required output.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or 2 years equiv. experience
- 1-3 years experience with import and customs processes
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational
skills; ability to prioritize among demanding and sometimes
- Intermediate level of proficiency of the MS office Suite, with
strength in MS Excel functions
- Detail oriented with the demonstrated organizational skills to
multi-task while not sacrificing accuracy
- Ability to take the initiative to bring assigned tasks to a
successful completion with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical reports.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
Occasional extended work hours may be required.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment
and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age,
veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable
Keywords: Ingram Micro., Irvine , Import Compliance Analyst, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!