[ENGINEERING] Engineer, Senior Mechanical
Company: Masimo Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI) headquartered in Irvine, California, is a
fast-growing and award-winning international medical technology and
device company with operations spanning the globe. We develop
innovative, noninvasive monitoring technologies that save, extend
and improve the lives of people of all ages, in all walks of life.
These revolutionary technologies are helping to solve "unsolvable"
problems that have plagued the healthcare industry, while taking
the pain and discomfort out of blood monitoring. For more than 30
years, innovation has been and will continue to be our passion.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.masimo.com
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop innovative mechanical design solutions for wearable
devices and sensor products.
- Collaborate with the industrial design group to ensure that
concept designs are manufacturable.
- Define product requirements and subsequent validation
- Use CAD tools (Solidworks) to create detailed mechanical
designs and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to refine the
- Select the proper material (plastic, metal, etc) based on
strength, density, thermal properties, and other important
- Review tooling designs (injection mold tools, forming tools,
- Work with manufacturing engineers to transfer the design to
- 7+ years of mechanical and/or product design development
experience of high volume wearable devices.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Solidworks for solid
modeling and assembly creation.
- Working knowledge of using FEA tools for simulation.
- Experience in the development handheld, mobile, or wireless
- Experience leading mechanical development activities with
- Experience with injection mold tooling, forming tools,
thermoforming, and fixture design.
- Hands on experience with conventional machining, CNC machining,
and rapid prototyping techniques.
B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Physical requirements/Work Environment
This position primarily works in an office environment. It
requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a
computer and other computing and digital devices is required. May
stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in
the facilities. Some local travel is necessary, so the ability to
operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver's license is
The physical demands of the position described herein are
essential functions of the job and employees must be able to
successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable
accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or
perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
We are proud to offer if eligible a highly competitive
compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including 3
weeks vacation, stock options, 401k match, medical, dental, vision
plans and much more!
Masimo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state or local law.
- NO AGENCIES PLEASE* Thank you!
Keywords: Masimo Corporation, Irvine , [ENGINEERING] Engineer, Senior Mechanical, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!