Commercial Bank - Risk - Real Estate Specialist
Company: JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial
services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in
investment banking, financial services for consumers and small
business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and
asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average,
JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United
States and many of the world's most prominent corporate,
institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and
Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger,
unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability
for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and
controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the
need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face,
financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture
and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally
focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences
that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an
The Valuation Services Group (VSG) provides real estate
valuation risk support to 11 lines of business within the firm by
maintaining appraisal and review discipline and independence in
accordance with appraisal policy and procedures. VSG maintains
compliance with appraisal regulations and requirements of the
Firmwide Credit Policy, the Office of the Comptroller of the
Currency and Financial Institution Reform, Recovery, and
Enforcement Act (FIRREA).
VSG consists of two appraisal groups: Commercial Term Lending
(CTL) Appraisal and Appraisal Services Group (ASG). CTL Appraisal
and ASG are comprised of seasoned real estate professionals and
offer a range of real estate valuation services including
appraisal, review and evaluations for use in conjunction with real
A successful candidate's essential job duties include
- Process appraisal service requests in accordance with policy
- Proactively stage incoming service requests to satisfy service
level agreements and to ensure completeness and accuracy of request
and related files for Appraisal and/or Review team process to
- Constructively interact with various Lines of Business to
facilitate expeditious handling of requests for valuation services
for stand-alone transactions and portfolios.
- Track workflow status and quality issues for their assigned
- Processes invoices to ensure completeness of accounting records
and prompt vendor payment.
- Will troubleshoot routine issues and escalate more unique
issues for resolution, as appropriate.
- Promote a client and service-oriented organization and takes
the initiative to address the needs of internal clients.
- May participate in relevant projects and business process
assignments commensurate with skills.
- Two or more years of related work experience, preferably in a
residential or commercial loan production environment, or a
comparable appraisal support role.
- Self-motivated individual who consistently displays urgency,
conscientiousness and ownership of assignments.
- Ability to accurately complete well-defined assignments in a
fast-paced work environment work with minimal supervision.
Attention to detail is critical.
- Can communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
with all levels of associates (e.g., partners and review
- Adaptable staff member who can function well when priorities
shift or pace of work varies.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to escalate issues
- Competent with Outlook, Word and Excel. Knowledge of the
Accounts Payable (SAP) and appraisal management systems is
Keywords: JPMorgan Chase & Co., Irvine , Commercial Bank - Risk - Real Estate Specialist, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!