Company: Lordstown Motors Corp.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Lordstown Motors Corporation (LMC) seeks to eliminate
inefficiencies that exist in modern work by creating electric
vehicles that radically improve the way work gets done. Cost
effective for fleets, safer, and designed to be more productive
than traditional commercial vehicles, Lordstown pickup trucks and
fleet vehicles are built to fix challenges that limit modern work.
Our mission is to create the leading electric vehicle epicenter in
the region. This plant-combined with the legendary capability of
the people who work there-is where we will build the work vehicles
of the future. Join us to make a difference!
Culture - as a Startup, we are looking for Leaders that want to
create an organization and structure where you can make an impact,
have your voice heard, ambitious to step up to dynamic challenges
and be accountable for your results.
As a member of the Infotainment and Connected Vehicle
Engineering Team, the UI/UX Intern is responsible for developing
user interfaces and user experiences for LMC vehicles and
applications. The UI/UX Intern implements the UI/UX concept within
the given framework and brings the UI to life. This position
reports to the Manager of UI/UX.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with UI and UX teams to create the LMC unique vision for
our infotainment systems.
- Rapidly prototype and develop production GUIs for LMC vehicles
using a variety of industry-standard 2D/3D tools and graphics
- Develop innovative UIs and interactive prototypes for new
technologies, proof of concept demos, auto shows, etc.
- Benchmark competitive vehicle UI/UX designs to identify best
ergonomic designs with the most efficient access to features and
functions, and minimum errors.
- Review and analyze 2D design concepts to plan the most
efficient implementation possible while identifying potential
problems early; Collaborate with studio artists and software
developers to strike a balance between style, functionality, and
- Develop project plans and effectively communicate timing and
critical paths or adhere to ones that have already been
- Test, debug and optimize UI software, monitor performance.
- Contribute to technical solutions through artistic design,
development, testing, peer review, and documentation.
- Maintain high standards of software quality by following
industry best practices.
- Develop bench/ HIL and vehicle test cases to evaluate and
confirm UI/UX functionality throughout each stage of program
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related
- Review and improve on existing systems, making use of new
technologies and methodologies.
- Collaborate with internal cross functional teams, end users,
and third-party contacts to design, develop, document and maintain
software deliverables for various projects.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with
technical, testing and hardware team members across the technology
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous Experience or Study in UI/UX
- Interest in UI, Game or Web Development
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Experience with Adobe XD
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Advantage for Consideration:
- UI/UX development experience
- Experience with Kanzi Studio, Qt, Unity, Unreal, or similar 3D
- Modeling / UV experience with a 3D package such as Maya, 3DS
Max, Softimage, Blender, etc.
- Familiarity with 3D optimization techniques
- Programming experience
Keywords: Lordstown Motors Corp., Irvine , UI/UX Intern, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!