Quality Assurance Manager
Company: Taco Bell HQ
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM),
is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant
(QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves
made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other
craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer
American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly
serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000
restaurants around the world, as well as through its mobile,
desktop and delivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell
has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants
in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to "Live Mas" and connects with
them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat
music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and
serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco
Bell Foundation, and connects fans with their passions through
programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. According to
Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America's Best Mexican-Food
Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
As part of the Food Innovation Team (FIT), the QA Manager is
responsible for ensuring our suppliers and distributors comply with
all Yum! food safety and quality assurance standards (FSQA). You
will directly manage all aspects of FSQA for specific ingredients,
as well as coach and mentor other Product Manager's that have
responsibility over broader ingredient categories, such as dairy or
beef. You will regularly support the QA leadership team to develop
and drive department objectives and engage and collaborate with
others from Operations, Restaurant Food Safety, Product
Development, Crisis Team and Franchisees.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Conduct alternate supplier approvals and risk assessments
- Manage auditing of ingredient suppliers and distribution
- Maintain pulse of supplier performance against quality metrics
(OneLine, KPI's, etc.)
- Collaborate with Product Development, Operations and other
stakeholders on new ingredient tests
- Provide coaching to direct reports to meet business and
personal development goals
- Facilitate product removals and mock recalls
Is This You?
- B.S. Degree (Food or Animal Sciences, Microbiology, or STEM)
Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 10-years of experience in Food Safety & Quality
Assurance. Lead candidates will have corporate FSQA experience with
a national, multi-unit foodservice chain, as well as experience
managing quality systems within a food manufacturing
- Strong and proven results leading and growing a diverse
- Strong knowledge of government regulations, Food Code, FDA,
USDA, HACCP, Food Safety and Quality Systems programs, SPC,
auditing schemes, distribution principles, crisis management,
product removals and process validation.
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a
thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our
mission of feeding people's lives with ms!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell
inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, Booster gas
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life's adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug
benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation's educational
initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
(recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show
benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
- Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available
and/or may be modified at the Company's sole discretion during the
COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Keywords: Taco Bell HQ, Irvine , Quality Assurance Manager, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!