Senior Failure Analysis Electronics Engineer
Company: EUROFINS SCIENT.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
EAG Laboratories is a global leader in advanced microscopy,
surface analysis and semiconductor testing services of various
types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to nanotechnology,
deliver new "super materials" with the potential to transform our
world. Our laboratories are at the forefront of this revolution,
providing the scientific expertise and analytical techniques to
support companies at every phase of the product lifecycle, from
R&D to manufacturing.
Our clients include leading edge tech companies in a diverse
range of industries and business sectors who design, manufacture or
incorporate products for tomorrow's technology driven world. Our
scientists and engineers engage in peer-to-peer interaction to
discuss and comprehensively understand client issues, challenges,
goals and urgency, to define the technical problems, develop and
execute analyses, and report back results. We have a growth mindset
culture where individuals are encouraged to drive their own success
and make their own decisions while fulfilling client needs.
Senior Electronics Engineer will be responsible for evaluating
the electrical and mechanical characteristics of systems and/or
integrated circuits, components, sub-components and systems to
determine the cause of failure, including the verification of
analog and digital performance. Analyzing failure reports and
recommends corrective action. Developing methods, processes,
procedures, and equipment that will improve the failure analysis
process and/or reduce failures. Be the source for technical
information, guidance and leadership.
Use of information in this role is subject to the International
Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be
U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR: U.S. Person is a U.S. Citizen,
U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., "Green Card Holder"), Political
Asylee, or Refugee.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical direction and leadership over all members of
- Perform hands-on analytical work on electronic components
- Oversees and directs aspects of departmental operations
- Ability to identify and delegate work suitable for employees'
- Organize, schedule prioritize, and assign jobs to group
- Review and approval analysis data and reports
- Prepare customer summary reports
- Provide, maintain, and emphasize quality in operation and
- Organize, manage, coordinate members of department to
- Assume project management role for technical projects
- Organize and administer training and mentoring for staff
- Promote and direct a cohesive team environment
- Interface with external customers to maintain professional
- Identify and resolve problems within group operations
- Develop and deliver technical content for operations,
sale/marketing and other business development needs. Become the
thought leader for the organization
- Participate in industry conferences, seminars, tutorials and
become source for technical information
Education and Experience:
- BSEE or advanced degree required
- 10+ years of experience in Semiconductor or Electronics Failure
- 3 - 5 years of prior role or experience interacting with
colleagues and mentoring/training staff
Must have hands-on equipment/experiences/expertise:
- Fault isolation technqiues: OBIRCH, XVIA, emmi, IR
Thermography, LVP/LTP, SDL
- Electrical Test: ATE datalog, Curve trace, Bench test
(parametric analyzer, o-scopes, CV measurement, etc.)
- X-ray (2D and CT/3D)
- Scanning Acoustic Microscopy (C-SAM)
- Deprocessing (RIE, parallel lapping, wet etching, etc.)
- Cross sectioning (metallurgical, ion mill, FIB)
- DB FIB
- Knowledge in Device physics, IC design, schematics, IC
fabrication and IC package manufacturing, etc.
- Software experience with GDS nav, LabView
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Must be a proficient communicator and listener.
- Must be hands-on in a laboratory environment, operating tools,
performing techniques, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: EUROFINS SCIENT., Irvine , Senior Failure Analysis Electronics Engineer, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!