Hardware Engineering Manager, Audio Architecture
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Engineering, Physics, or similar field or equivalent practical
- 10 years of experience in semiconductors and/or consumer
- Experience in people management.
- Master's or PhD degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in analog and/or digital IC design.
- Experience in any of DSP tuning, acoustics design, speakers,
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we
can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it
ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and
networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a
Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the
heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing
infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit
design to large system design and see those systems all the way
through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential
to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers
affecting millions of Google users.
Pulling on your technical and leadership expertise, you lead
end-to-end research projects in multiple areas of expertise across
data center facilities and manage a team of direct reports working
on equipment installation, troubleshooting and debugging.
The audio architecture team strives to deliver the highest
quality and lowest power audio solutions that power Google's mobile
products. In this role, you will working across Google's mobile
products to take new end-to-end user experiences and break them
into technology pieces. You and your team will drive the
requirements and execution for new components and initiatives to
enable better systems and novel capabilities.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make
it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team
combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create
radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and
develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's
interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful.
Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us,
advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the
Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through
- Manage a team of senior architects to deliver goals and act as
roadmap owner for all mobile products.
- Deliver requirements for future products and components, owning
SOC requirements for audio roadmap.
- Serve as Technical lead for third-party silicon
- Translate marketing requirements or feature requests into
- Coordinate ecosystem-level architecture development for new
Keywords: Google Inc., Irvine , Hardware Engineering Manager, Audio Architecture, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!