Principal Product Manager Tech, Alexa Automotive
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Do you have a passion for Automotive? Do you want to challenge
the status quo of the in-vehicle digital experience? You want to
take on very ambiguous problems? If you answered yes to these
questions, we have a dream job for you. The Amazon Alexa Automotive
team is looking for a seasoned product leader to define and create
next generation voice-forward automotive experiences.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will provide strategic and
tactical guidance to the Alexa Auto team for the features and
experiences of our products and services. You will drive the
strategy and oversee multiple product roadmaps. You will ultimately
be accountable for the requirements that shape the next generation
Alexa Automotive products and services. This role is inherently
cross-functional. As such, you will work closely with software
development, business development, marketing, and other leaders to
bring products to market, and to identify, develop and grow
business opportunities for Amazon and our automotive partners.
Our ideal candidate will have launched multiple, high-profile
automotive or embedded products, have demonstrated the ability to
lead high-performance teams, and have deep understanding of product
management, user experience, and software development processes
(especially agile). Ideally, you will also have experience in
automotive infotainment and connected vehicle area. You should be
highly analytical, able to work effectively across teams, and
thrive in entrepreneurial, fast-paced work environments.
- Lead product strategy and vision supported by internal data and
- Define creative, high quality, simple product requirements and
roadmaps based on product strategy.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience,
performance and operational support requirements.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver products to
market using agile development methodologies.
- Stay current and report on industry trends, including new
opportunities, competitor capabilities, etc.
- Drive product launches including working with marketing, public
relations, and business leaders.
- Recruit and develop top-tier product management talent.
- 8+ years of experience in product or program management,
product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around
technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Successful history of shipping innovative products that
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated
success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision.
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing
architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities
with technical team members.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product,
our business, and the competitive landscape.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards
data-based decision making and comfort with pro-forma financial and
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; comfort responding
quickly to rapidly evolving threats and opportunities.
- Strong bias for action; willingness to roll up the sleeves and
ability to juggle multiple priorities to create a sense of urgency
in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Recognizes that product development is a team sport; Has a
- Personal passion for (and early adopter of) emerging
technologies and committed to learning and expanding professional
and technical knowledge.
- MBA from a top tier university.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Irvine , Principal Product Manager Tech, Alexa Automotive, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!