Interior Commodities Design Engineer
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Conceptual design development, detailed design, and production
release of Interior System commodities such as:
- Instrument Panel Substrates
- Door Trim Substrates
- Decorative Panels
- Hard Tim
- Soft Trim
- Overhead System Components
- Create and manage 2D and 3D CAD designs, develop and document
GD&T and Fit & Finish requirements, and fastening design using
- Manage system, subsystem, and component information in the
Enovia PLM environment.
- Use tools such as MoldFLow, Altair Inspire, Altair SimSolid,
and Altair Inspire Mold
- Ensure all geometric, manufacturing, and assembly requirements
are analyzed and met.
- Interface with the Studio, Packaging, Manufacturing
Engineering, and supplier activities to develop optimal design
- Be a champion of good, fundamental design in the Interior
System and across the vehicle.
- Supporting the development of best practices for design and
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 5 plus years of experience designing plastic parts, preferably
- Experience with interior systems, materials, manufacturing,
- Knowledge of an automotive design and development process,
system requirements, and general engineering best practices.
- Excellent understanding of GD&T standards.
- Working experience of drawing and modelling practices and
- Working experience with Catia, Enovia, or similar tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and SharePoint,
as well as Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A, Certificate of Accomplishment from a recognized Design
educational institution or equivalent skills and expertise, prefer
a degree in Mechanical Engineering
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic
environment where you are part of a high-performance team.
- A system approach to design and development with the desire and
curiosity to strive for continuous improvement.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.
Keywords: Rivian, Irvine , Interior Commodities Design Engineer, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!