Project Manager Fiber Based Networks
Company: American Tower
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are seeking a Project Manager, Fiber-Based Networks to join
American Tower's U.S. Tower division's Site Development team. The
Site Development team delivers all new assets and manages capital
improvement and redevelopment projects across the Company's U.S.
product portfolio. Day to day you will oversee project-level
activities for all products for a given geographic territory,
including but not limited to managing activities for installations
of cable and infrastructure of wireless systems. As a Project
Manager, Fiber-Based Networks, you will partner cross-functionally
to ensure assigned projects are completed on-time and within budget
while maintaining exemplary customer service.
Our Core Principles are the foundation of our culture, and we're
focused on achieving continued success by thinking long-term,
leading with values, and creating value with decisions. Come grow
your career with us!
The position may be remote based out of Southern California or
Las Vegas, NV.
What You Can Offer Us
- Actively manage, as the local market project expert, all
project-level activities with internal and external resources to
meet deadlines within budget and within specification throughout
entire deployment cycle. Ensure accurate reporting and forecasting
of project timelines, resources, and capital expenditures by
partnering with internal cross-functional teams.
- Be accountable for all deployment activities including but not
limited to RF design, leasing, due diligence,
architectural/engineering, zoning, permitting, project management,
construction management, system acceptance, NOC integration, and
- Serve as the single point of contact at the project level for
all customer escalations and as the active leader in all
project-level deployment meetings and calls, providing up-to-date
and accurate information on customer priorities, project status,
forecasts, aging, and issue resolutions.
- Steward capital expenditures by ensuring adherence to design
standards and compliance with master service agreements with
installation contractors, while understanding and ensuring
adherence to applicable construction and safety standards.
- Proactively identify potential risks; collaborate with the Site
Development Manager to develop and implement preventative action
plans through requests for information and risk registers.
- Ensure all proper preparation and tasks, including equipment
room field notes and design documents, are accurately and timely
completed; prepare input for work-in-progress reporting. Review and
approve all network design and equipment room design drawing
packages, review and develop scopes of work, and lead
RFP/feasibility scope walks for assigned projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
Project Manager Certification preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of electrical or communication cabling
installation and inbuilding construction project management
- Expertise in managing wireless site development professionals
through network deployment projects, site acquisition, or
construction management required.
- Approximately 40% travel may be required in support of the
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the
ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and
- Ability to use advanced project management tools, including
risk registers, critical path, and stakeholder analysis, on complex
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of
employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple
tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective
prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced
American Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and
will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed,
religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status,
familial status, disability, military or veteran status, genetic
information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected under
Keywords: American Tower, Irvine , Project Manager Fiber Based Networks, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!