Take the earth's most customer-centric company. Mix in millions
shoppers spending billions of dollars annually and an
opportunity to use
your skills in machine learning and data mining to improve
recommendations and search. What do you get? The best job in
internet today - PERIOD.
The charter of Amazon's Personalization team is to recommend the
"right" product to the "right" customer at the "right" time. We
personalized product recommendations for millions of customers
each day, in a blink of an eye, thousands of times a second.
If you are a strong software engineer with a background in
Learning, who is passionate about turning massive amounts of
actionable insights, then this is the right opportunity for
You will work with a team of highly skilled and motivated
engineers, who are building the next generation of
products at Amazon. Our team advances the state-of-the-art
personalization by using machine learning, and leveraging
Amazon's vast computing resources (AWS) and data. As part of your
job, you will deal with large amounts of training data, rapidly
prototype new models that meet stringent performance requirements,
and perform offline and online testing.
- Research and use of statistical techniques to create
solutions for business problems
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts
Amazon's historical business data to help automate and optimize
features and processes
- Work closely with scientists and engineering teams to create
deploy new features
- Work closely with stakeholders to optimize various business
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large
data analyses, model development, validation and
- Track general business activity and provide clear,
management reporting on a regular basis
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be
considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various
Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial
application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your
career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters
can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer -
Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual
- PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a
Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research
- 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related
- 3+ years of experience in software development. Experience
building large platform systems.
- Jack of many development languages: C++, Java, Python, master
- Experience with full development life cycle for large-scale
software products including extensive experience with service
oriented architectures, design patterns, web services, and web
- Demonstrated success delivering high quality, innovative
products based on rapidly evolving technologies.
- Strong CS fundamentals in data structures, problem solving,
algorithm design and complexity analysis.
- Experience with with AWS AI/ML/Big data technologies and
services (Spark, Hadoop and AWS (EMR, EC2, S3)
- Solid understanding of A/B testing and designing statistical
tools targeted at non-statistical users
- Ability to engage and influence senior leaders and experience
with working with cross-functional internal teams.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communications skills.
- Proven track record leading, mentoring, and growing teams of
- Experience in advertising, website optimization, recommender
- A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting the
trends in it!