[ENGINEERING] Sr.R&D Engineer
Company: Masimo Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI) headquartered in Irvine, California, is a
fast-growing and award-winning international medical technology and
device company with operations spanning the globe. We develop
innovative, noninvasive monitoring technologies that save, extend
and improve the lives of people of all ages, in all walks of life.
These revolutionary technologies are helping to solve "unsolvable"
problems that have plagued the healthcare industry, while taking
the pain and discomfort out of blood monitoring. For more than 25
years, innovation has been and will continue to be our passion.
As a Senior Algorithm Engineer - Sensors R&D, you will be
part of a core R&D cross functional team. You will help create
new non-invasive measurements, enable measurement technologies to
be applied to new applications, and facilitate the design and
creation of next generation medical devices.
- Responsible for developing computational models to mimic light
behavior in tissue in the near-infrared optical window and beyond,
both for deep tissue and shallow geometries.
- Design laboratory experiments to verify and validate
computational models. Assist in simulation of geometries and
finding optimal solutions.
- Responsible for algorithm design, development, implementation,
testing, and documentation for Biomedical Signal Processing
- Perform data collection, analysis, and estimation
- Engage in Algorithm development for advanced signal processing
technologies and numerical algorithm implementation; develop
algorithms of co-efficient for photometric processing of
- Perform signal processing, optimization, numerical modelling
and working with MATLAB, or similar software.
- Create and conduct experiments for collecting and processing
clinical studies in human subjects.
- Develop algorithms for photometric processing of physiological
parameters. Implement physiological parameter measurement
algorithms on embedded systems.
- Carry out statistical analysis of clinical data.
- Engage in bio-medical tissue phantoms builds and material
- Will have interaction with cross-functional team members,
including hardware and software engineers.
- 5 + yrs. experience in computational optical modeling, data
analysis using statistical signal processing techniques, and
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving
- Exposure to design and use of optical phantoms for development
or system characterization.
- Expertise in data analysis and data mining.
- Expertise in tissue optics modeling and implementation of
geometries to gather physiological parameters in real time.
- Strong programming skills with C/C++/Matlab and exposure to
software engineering methods.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced and dynamic work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with sensor opto-mechanical design.
- Exposure to electro-magnetic, optics, acoustics and other
related fields of physics.
- Understanding of human physiology and exposure to designing
- Prior experience in applications of signal processing tools to
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical
Engineering or similar discipline. Ph.D. is preferred.
We are proud to offer if eligible a highly competitive
compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including
three weeks vacation, stock options, 401k match, medical, dental,
vision plans and much more!
Masimo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state or local law.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.masimo.com
Keywords: Masimo Corporation, Irvine , [ENGINEERING] Sr.R&D Engineer, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!