Lead People Systems Analyst - Payroll
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This role will be the lead for Payroll, Time and Attendance,
Absence Management and Benefits, which includes system
configuration, enhancements, and deployment efforts, and the
- Serve as an advanced subject matter expert within Workday
Payroll, Time and Attendance, Absence Management and Benefits.
- Partner with Payroll and Benefits to provide input into new
processes, prioritize projects/enhancements, map business
processes, implement creative and effective solutions that will
shape the way Rivian operates now and into the future.
- Work with HRIS, Payroll and Benefits teams to implement and
recommend best practices to ensure optimal utilization of Workday
including configurations, business processes, data management,
security architecture, and reporting.
- Lead Workday functional and technical activities including
business process configuration, security, calculated/custom fields,
report writing and EIBs.
- Leveraging project management and change management.
- Partnership with IT and cross functional partners for
integration requirement, data integrity and testing.
- Partner with the People Insights and Analytics team to ensure
data is complete, accurate and appropriately mapped for reports,
dashboards, and downstream reporting systems.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and support for People team members
including Payroll and Benefits.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues and defects with
exceptional customer service.
- Actively participate in design, planning, implementation and
support of business process configuration, security, and
- Continually increase personal knowledge and maintain individual
development through training and research.
- Create/Modify Workday reports and/or dashboards based on
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, Business Administration,
or related field
- 8+ years functional and technical HRIS/Payroll design,
configuration, and administration experience
- 5+ years specifically with Workday, 1 full life cycle Payroll
- WD certifications for Payroll and Benefits (preferred)
- Willingness and passion to learn additional Workday
- General knowledge of Payroll functional areas and
- Exceptional leadership capability to mentor and development
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to
the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and
to providing employees with a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
family or parental status, or any other status protected by the
laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will
not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these
characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.
Keywords: Rivian, Irvine , Lead People Systems Analyst - Payroll, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!