HR Business Partner / Employee Relations Specialist
Company: Valvoline Instant Oil Change
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The HR Business Partner position supports the HR and Employee
Relations needs of our West Coast retail service center operations
as well as participates in the execution of Company-wide HR
programs and practices.
This midlevel opportunity offers a competitive base salary and
benefits package, annual bonus opportunity and a 401(k) with
generous Company match.
A tremendous opportunity for continued professional advancement
in a positive, collaborative and high growth business, the position
is based out of the West Coast corporate office in Irvine, CA,
reporting directly to the Vice President, HR.
THE COMPANY: Henley Enterprises, Inc. (and our associated
entities) is a privately owned Franchisee of Valvoline Instant Oil
Change (VIOC). The Company operates over 220 locations in several
states including California, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode
Island, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania,
Florida, and Louisiana. There are over 120 service centers in
California and 1,300 employees. Henley projects continued growth
POSITION SUMMARY: The HR Business Partner serves as a subject
matter expert and advisor on Human Resources-related issues
including HR policies, processes and best practices. The HR
Business Partner proactively communicates within the HR department
as well as with field, regional and corporate employees to deliver
value-added HR services in line with the business objectives and
core values of the organization. Position responsibilities include
some key Human Resource administration duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a member of the Company's core HR management team, provide
key human resource support to front line managers, multi-unit
managers and team members.
- Serve as a primary employee relations HR contact for assigned
- Utilize strong project management, facilitation, and
communication skills to deliver relevant, effective HR
- Act as a trusted resource and business partner to department
peers, line managers and Company employees on a wide variety of HR
topics and guide employees to appropriate people, tools, and
- Guide, train, and direct managers and employees on the
implementation of HR policies and processes to ensure appropriate
legal (FMLA, ADA, EEOC etc.) and Company policy compliance.
- Closely collaborate and effectively communicate within the
department, field staff, regional support and other corporate
- Maintain knowledge of local, state and federal labor laws
impacting the business to ensure awareness and compliance.
- Additional duties include performance management support,
status change and separation packet prep; HR policies and
procedures communication and implementation; etc.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills using a
relationship building/consultative approach.
- Capability to interact with people at all organizational levels
and manage difficult interpersonal situations with dignity, respect
- Ability to effectively facilitate HR-related training (Positive
Workplace Environment, Performance Management and other compliance
related subjects) and willingness to travel to other areas/regions
- Highly organized; ability to effectively multi-task various
projects and priorities to completion.
- Proficiency and/or facility to quickly learn effective
operation/administration of the Human Resource Information System
(currently UKG UltiPro and Kronos), including producing business
analytics through report-writing.
- Expertise in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point,
- Ability to professionally handle confidential and sensitive
information; natural tendency towards discretion.
- Eagerness to be "hands on" with day to day HR duties, including
administrative processes, etc.
- Committed to excellence in service.
- Desire to make a measurable impact.
- Strong interest to learn and grow into a larger role.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BA/BS degree with emphasis in HR or equivalent, or Associates
Degree with significant HR work experience and/or HR professional
certification (HRCI PHR/SPHR or SHRM CP or SCP).
- 5- 7 years of HR experience within a multi-unit, multi -state
retail or retail services environment.
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- 85% of work in a climate-controlled internal office environment
working under normal office conditions
- 15% of work performed in the field which may include the
service center environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to
feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee may incidentally be
required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force
up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
- A current valid driver's license and insurability rating is
required; occasional travel by personal vehicle may be
- Occasional overnight travel to other areas/regions may be
The above description is not intended to be an "all-inclusive"
list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor
is it intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities
required to do the job. Rather, it is intended only to describe the
general nature of the job.
Henley Enterprises, Inc. and its affiliates are proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Valvoline Instant Oil Change, Irvine , HR Business Partner / Employee Relations Specialist, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!