Sr. Development Engineer
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Execute and monitor vehicle and component level tests.
- Assist in the development of mule test planning, high level
timing plans, data analysis, control system data collection and
- Execution and documentation of specific portions of the vehicle
and component DVP&R using the Jira, Jama, and proprietary tool
- Instrumentation of test articles including thermocouples (Type
J and K), strain gauges, accelerometers, and load transducers.
- Create test documentation including test instructions,
specifications, drawings and verification plans.
- Drive vehicles to perform testing at Proving Ground
- Support off-site vehicle testing such as cold/hot weather,
- Perform subjective evaluations to identify system failure
- Lead initial root cause analysis for failures and issues on
vehicles at the proving ground.
- Meet with vehicle design teams to ensure valid test
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related
science from an accredited university
- Experience running and maintaining a variety of vehicle level
and component level tests
- Team first mentality
- Innate curiosity about all things automotive
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience at Proving Grounds
- Experience with data loggers and data acquisition systems
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.
Keywords: Rivian, Irvine , Sr. Development Engineer, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!