Power Electronics Engineer
Company: ANDURIL INDUSTRIES
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley
talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our
customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make
better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We've
assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence,
computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are
creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the
capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are
passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join
Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril's UAS Design Team is seeking a power electronics
engineer to join our team. The UAS design team is responsible for
designing the next generation of autonomous fixed wing aircraft.
These platforms are designed to leverage the Lattice architecture,
pushing into challenging environments to meet ever evolving
As a power electronics engineer, you will be a key contributor
to the design, test, and sustainment of multiple air vehicles. The
right person for this role has experience in aircraft power system
development, from clean sheet conceptual design through development
and flight test, understanding how the power system affects (and is
affected by) other system design trades. The ability to work
collaboratively on a small team is critical, as is comfort working
in an accelerated risk-tolerant development environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Full cycle PCB design including collecting requirements,
schematic design, component selection, supervision or completion of
layout, bring-up, test, debug and integration with the system.
- Development of air vehicle electrical power system components
(engine power management, power generation, storage, and
- Develop system interconnect diagrams and define wire harnesses
that connect electronic equipment within the vehicle.
- Provide support and collaborate within other air vehicle
subsystem development constraints
- Vendor surveys and evaluation to support sourcing for power
- Conduct peer-level and cross-discipline design reviews
- Build up and test of power system components through lab,
ground, and flight tests
- Low-level firmware development for bring-up and test
- Root cause analysis in support of field operations
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with
5+ years of experience
- Experience with Power circuit design for motors and
- Experience with electrical power generation
- Competence with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic
analyzers, thermal chambers, current-probes, and automation of
- Familiarity with standard interfaces such as Ethernet, CAN,
I2C, SPI, PCIe, USB, etc.
- Familiarity with common MCU, CPU, FPGA devices and
- Knowledge of modern analog and digital electronics and
- Comfortable with a variety of electronic CAD tools (Altium
preferred, Eagle and others acceptable)
- Experience in design for signal integrity / power
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access
export controlled data.
- Experience in hybrid-electric design
- Experience with aircraft power systems
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage
candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone
passionate to work on problems that matter, we'd love to hear from
Keywords: ANDURIL INDUSTRIES, Irvine , Power Electronics Engineer, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!