CM, Senior Project Director -SS
Company: Integrated Project Services
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Responsible for oversight of multiple EPCMV Project Teams day to
day execution within Regional Operations of <$50MM project
delivery organization. Focuses on the support of EPCMV and CM
services sales, overseeing the detailed execution of projects by
his teams from initiation to close out, development of staff and
operational performance of division.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the Regional Operations Director and / or Sr.
Project Director, leads Project Delivery Team(s) activities
including field services, safety, preconstruction services,
procurement, estimating, cost and schedule and design assist
subcontractor interface and integration into the overall EPCMV
project delivery with the Design and Compliance Divisions.
- Supports the Regional Operations Director in the establishment
of goals and development of the execution plan for the Project
- Periodically monitors performance versus project goals and
implements corrective actions.
- Supports the Regional Business Unit Leader and / or Regional
Operations Director in the business development functions for the
Project Delivery group.
- Supports the Preconstruction, Project Services, Procurement,
Quality and Safety groups with work assignments and resources.
- Protects our corporation through application of prudent risk
- Provides day-to-day direction of all Project Delivery group
operations, including preconstruction, estimating, procurement,
project management, construction site management, and construction
- Oversees the development of Project Delivery group contracts
and subcontracts, aggressively protecting corporate positions.
- Oversees project execution planning across all Project Delivery
- Oversees project estimating and budgeting across all Project
Delivery group projects.
- Directs the Change Management process. Provides Work-In-Place
analysis with the Project Controls group.
- Coordinates and assist the Director of Ops in the day-to-day
responsibility for the hiring, training, and development of Project
Delivery group staff.
- Works with Sr. Project Managers and Project Managers to resolve
project cost, schedule, and quality non-conformances.
- Surveys and monitors construction sites as required to meet
- Meets with clients as required for additional responsibilities.
Serves as secondary point of contact to Sr. Project Manager and/or
Project Manager for clients.
- Leads the execution of Project Delivery group systems,
procedures, and policies.
- Reviews project performance with Project Delivery group staff
on a periodic basis.
- Coordinates and assist the Director of Ops in the group
activities to ensure achievement of budgeted revenue and
- At the request of the Regional Operations Director as needed,
participates on IPS' Project Management Team to develop project
- Coordinates with Regional Operations Director and Regional
Business Unit Leaders and other IPS Divisions Leadership to
optimize achievement of overall corporate objectives.
- Evaluates Project(s) resource requirements and manages
Project(s) staff levels to support those requirements.
- Trains project assignees on good project management techniques
and develops skills of all assigned personnel.
- Assures that utilization targets are met for the Project
Delivery group in the Region.
- Supports project/client development process with presentations
and related marketing activities.
- Coordinates with Regional Business Unit Leaders and Operations
Directors of other IPS divisions to pursue business
- Prepares and supports Regional Operations Director in
preparation of Project Delivery proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a
related discipline or an equivalent technical degree.
- A minimum of 20 years of experience in Project Delivery or a
related discipline. Demonstrates significant experience both in
terms of industry knowledge and positions of seniority and
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY
- This position will have 25% travel, or as required by the
assigned project. Position may be assigned to client site for an
extended period of time. Overnight travel or staying in the city of
Client's location is possible depending on assignment. Please
review IPS Travel Policy. Position will visit Client sites and will
be required to adhere to stated safety rules. Position will visit
construction sights and will be required to take site safety
training and adhere to site safety rules.
- This position is a safety sensitive position. The employee is
considered a field contractor supervisor and acts in a supervisory
role for field work. For IPS employees or subcontractors.
- Must exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit by consistently seeking
new opportunities to add value to the organization. Must strive for
excellence in all aspects of job performance.
- Must approach their work enthusiastically with a contagious
energy and drive that shows everyone they love what they do.
- Must display creativity and innovation by continually working
to improve solutions, tools, methods and service delivery
- Must conduct oneself with an uncompromising commitment to the
welfare of our clients and each other. Must act in an ethical,
professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Must exhibit the ability to build and sustain long term
relationships of mutual value through teamwork.
- Must be driven to succeed and committed to goal
- Must stay current with industry trends and developments that
will keep Company at leading edge of sectors we operate in
- Must seek opportunities to network and promote Company at
industry conferences and events.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing
innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering,
construction, commissioning and qualification of complex
pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities.
With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to
large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology,
trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital
projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have
applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life
cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more
efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs.
Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company
with over 1,100 professionals worldwide and offices in California,
Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina,
Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Singapore,
Switzerland, UK and four locations in India. Visit our website at
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction,
Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic
Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls,
Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and
Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of
protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not
seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search
firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past
practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at
IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS
in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a
specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no
fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a
result of the referral or through other means.
Keywords: Integrated Project Services, Irvine , CM, Senior Project Director -SS, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!