Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Research Lead, you will work within our mobile team to help
expand our research practices and connect us to our owners and the
What you'll be doing:
Through first hand, in-field experience with our Rivian
community and partnership with our team leads, you'll establish a
practice of user research including generative, evaluative and
usability testing exercises.
Day to day you'll help design and plan research activities,
supporting UX designers in their learning, and driving our work
forward with insights and data gathered first-hand.
What you'll need:
- Design or UX Researcher with 7+ years experience
- Strong principle driven practice
- Appreciation of the role of brand and design
- Familiarity and experience with multi-modal research
- Familiarity working with analytics and data to generate
- Familiarity working with 3rd party research tools and
- Ability to organize and prioritize research findings into
- Comfortable contributing to strategy and story
- Experience setting up field research exercises
The kind of designer you are:
- You put people first, ego last
- You're not afraid to ask why. A lot.
- You are comfortable with creating definition from
- You are collaborative and expect change
- You have a desire to muck-in and enjoy getting your hands
Here are some of the types of products and services you could
expect to be working on:
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.