Training Specialist (Irvine, CA)
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Training Specialist is responsible for providing
assessments, planning, developing, delivering, and evaluating
employee training. The Training Specialist will focus on call
center training, supervisory training, as well as generic training
to enhance the call centers' overall performance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assessment of Training Needs. Typical tasks: provides and/or
develops guidelines and methods to assess training needs; conducts
surveys to determine training needs; consults with all levels of
management regarding individual, or organizational problems and
assists in identifying training-related solutions when appropriate,
identifying specific outcomes of training, develops or assists in
the development of curriculum to achieve company goals and
objectives; monitors training plans and updates depending on
changing training needs; advises management of training needs.
- Development and Delivery of Training. Typical tasks: provides
technical expertise regarding training design, methods, and
techniques to trainers, managers, and supervisors; coordinates
planning and program development of technical training; designs,
implements, and delivers supervisory training as directed by the
Call Center Manager; conducts train-the-trainer courses for
trainers, supervisors, and managers as needed.
- Training Evaluation. Typical tasks: develops training
evaluation criteria and methods; assists management to develop
monitoring mechanisms, such as action plans to determine the
effectiveness of training; reviews out-service training to
determine its relevancy to the organization; evaluates training
provided by outside contractors to ensure it met organization
needs; determines the effectiveness of training by reviewing
written evaluations of trainee and discussions with
- Training Administration. Typical tasks: develops or assists in
the development, writing, interpreting, and monitoring of training
policies, procedures, and manuals; coordinates and maintains
systems, at times computerized, for training records, nominations,
selections, evaluations, equipment, and training facilities.
- Miscellaneous. Typical tasks: participates in special studies
and projects regarding new systems, programs, policies, or
procedures; attends training and other developmental activities and
keeps current on developments in the training field to maintain a
high level of knowledge and competence; performs other duties or
special projects as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience as a trainer which included
responsibility for assessing, planning, delivering, and evaluating
training needs in an organization.
- Previous management and client relations experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Able to utilize personal computers and associated software,
including Microsoft Office applications.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of training and
development techniques, tools and processes.
- Ability to present/facilitate a wide variety of training to
- Able to motivate, communicate and instruct/train others, using
both technical and non-technical language to explain complex
subjects and processes.
Final candidates for this position will need to successfully
complete a background investigation, which may include a criminal
and credit check.
Keywords: Faneuil, Irvine , Training Specialist (Irvine, CA), Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!