Principal Facilities Engineer - Irvine Implant
Company: Edwards Lifesciences Corp
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Helping patients is our life's work, and your contributions
directly impact our ability to transform patient care around the
world." - Michael A. Mussallem, Chairman and CEO
Have you been searching for a role that brings you to the
forefront of innovation? We have an outstanding Principal
Facilities Engineer opportunity in the Facilities & Asset
Management organization in our Irvine Implant Manufacturing Plant.
The Principal Engineer will lead implementation and sustainability
efforts for Factory of the Future with Analytics Intelligence
coupled with a practical approach.
- Drive the development and manage the execution of highly
complex projects and new technologies and innovation (including
writing and executing protocols) on a platform which includes
multiple product lines to qualify and validate manufacturing
equipment processes; analyze results, make recommendations, and
develop reports and collaborate with team members to drive project
- Integrate operation equipment with controls, automation, and
- Initiate and lead the identification and ensure implementation
of opportunities to optimize/improve manufacturing and/or
facilities processes including using engineering methods (e.g., SIX
Sigma and LEAN methods) employing technical design skills to
re-design/design on new products and/or processes, etc. are up to
- Train, coach, and guide lower-level employees on highly complex
procedures, be the change agent .
- Lead and establish highly complex project plans to ensure
deliverables are completed to customer's expectations, using
project management tools (e.g., Project Plan, Risk Analysis,
- Analyze and resolve complex Manufacturing, Facilities and
Compliance issues (e.g., CAPA, non-conformances, audit
- Develop training and documentation materials (e.g., work
instructions) for production to enable the seamless knowledge
transfer of project and manufacturing processes.
- May be selected as an Independent Reviewer for design
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned, ability
to fill in or support next level responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Scientific field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience facilities, reliability,
- Medical device, pharma, or biotech cGMP industry
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- Automation robotics design operations and troubleshooting.
- Experienced in Maxmio asset management along with an
understanding on reliability.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence change as a
change agent working with small or large groups.
- Experience in highly regulated process that are structured in a
- Experience in leading contractors, vendors, or suppliers to
execute successful assignments.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills and
interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and
relationship management skills.
- Experience with problem solving tools to do root cause analysis
in a team approach environment.
- Ability to translate complex and technical information to all
levels of the organizations.
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational
levels along with being flexible to support off shifts as needed
for projects or problem resolution.
- Ability to manage projects from end to end to fully execute
task or projects.
- Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite; CAD experience
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Edwards Lifesciences Corp, Irvine , Principal Facilities Engineer - Irvine Implant, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!