Manager, Manufacturing Planning & PULL Execution
Company: Edwards Lifesciences Corp
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Edwards Lifesciences is growing our Global Supply Chain Digital
Transformation team. We are looking for a talented Manager,
Manufacturing Planning & PULL Execution, Digital Transformation,
who will oversee E2E Planning processes in Master Production
Scheduling (MPS) and shop floor planning & control. The scope of
planning process will include all functional steps from generating
MPS based on the forecast, transferring MPS into JDEdwards (ERP),
executing MRP for long-term material plans, generating workorders
based on PULL signals, orchestrating shop-floor order sequencing &
management through shop-floor planning software, and integrating
the plant feedback into the Master Production Scheduling
The process will span global planning network across Plants &
Business units. The process leader will bring together best
practices, benchmarks from the industry and work with various
levels of leadership within Business Units; Ops leadership &
Finance to align the strategies and lead the process transformation
at Edwards to be world-class within and in support of the S&OP
framework. In addition, the process leader will work very closely
with all business units during their PULL transformation journey,
own PULL execution from process & systems perspective, provide
functional leadership for PULL transformation across all plants,
enhance existing IT systems in response to stakeholder needs, and
transfer knowledge to business units & develop planning teams at
all manufacturing sites.
Essential job functions:
- Process Support by being process owner for the following
processes: Factory Planning, PULL Execution, Operational Maturity
Assessments, and Master Planning. Lead the team to support the
Global Supply Chain in their rollout efforts to improve the above
processes including calculation & execution of optimum Kanban
levels, and partner with Business Excellence Team for deployment of
digital solutions supporting LEAN principles including development
of digital visual signals.
- System Support by managing existing JDA/BY solutions to support
the userbase and super users, delivering JDA/BY system training,
working with IT on management of the training/test environments
during support of problem resolution or project rollout, providing
solutions in problem/issues resolution on an ongoing basis in
timely manner, and handling big amounts of data for system
- Project Management by managing major/minor process improvement
projects, leading change management aspects, and owning KOD & PMO
delivery schedules. Performance will be measured based on process
improvements delivered, follow up on the compliance, and tracking
of business performance improvement.
- Domestic and international travel of ~15%.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience in
supply chain, planning or operations with specific focus on factory
planning and PULL-based execution processes.
- Must have project management, change management, and process
- Experience to understand process frameworks and manage them in
business context with the use of system tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office software.
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills,
- APICS CPIM Certification is a plus.
- Medical device industry experience will be a plus. Equivalent
experience in highly configurable and/or high volume, high mix, and
highly regulated industry will be acceptable as well.
- Background in LEAN and Six Sigma will be a plus.
- Experience in manufacturing environment operating on E2E pull
systems is preferred.
- JDA/BY/Manugistics/i2 experience is highly desirable. We are on
JDA/BY v2018 so experience on a more recent version would be
preferred - but not mandatory.
- Proficiency with MS-Access/SQL will be very beneficial.
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Edwards Lifesciences Corp, Irvine , Manager, Manufacturing Planning & PULL Execution, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!