Help Desk Support I
Company: Commercial Bank of California
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The position of Helpdesk Support I is established to facilitate
efficient triaging and resolving of PC issues with internal users
across a large number of applications. The incumbent is expected to
partner with both other internal IT teams and lines of business
users, as well as vendor support teams, to analyze information,
troubleshoot applications and provide trouble ticket resolution to
end users on a regular basis. Maintains quality service standards
set by the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate as an escalation point to the Service Desk for all
- Ability to work with users on both a business level and
technical level of understanding, as well as act as a technical
point of contact to fix application and systems issues.
- Excellent communication skills are required, both verbal and
written, as well as a strong sense of empathy and the ability to
respond appropriately during an incident via acknowledgements,
updates and resolutions.
- Can deploy investigation and diagnostic skills to resolve first
level technical issues which may include application configuration,
programming changes, scripting and other technical methods or
- Works in a cross functional team and assists with configuring
PCs, and software applications to meet user needs.
- Participates in QA testing when implementing, customizing or
upgrading system software updates and changes.
- Troubleshoots and supports proprietary software programs as
well as third party software and applications. Stays current on
system features and software releases. Reviews release notes and
- Responds to user requests; Creates, revises, and supports
system related jobs using ticketing system as needed. Documents
interactions and schedules follow ups. Tracks progress and
interacts with other users to facilitate resolution.
- Maintains a working understanding of system infrastructure in
order to help monitor and resolve general issues affecting
- Create help desk articles, run books and other supporting
documentation for applications to allow other support personnel to
support applications more efficiently.
- Creates, revises and updates department procedures as
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with after-hours support and/or on-call weekend
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Job requires occasionally traveling to remote branch offices,
and at times requires off-hours or weekend work
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Certificate or Degree in Computer Science; or 2 years
equivalent experience; or a blend of education and experience.
- Experience with banking processes and financial business
applications highly desirable.
- 1 years of experience successfully working in a support
environment and resolving issues to the end users
- Ability to monitor and respond quickly and effectively to
requests received through the IT Service Desk system.
- Organizational skills sufficient to prioritize concurrent
projects, plan work and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional interactive, verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail, focus, and follow-through essential
Keywords: Commercial Bank of California, Irvine , Help Desk Support I, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!