Algorithm Architect, Hearables
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- Master's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering,
Physics or similar field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of relevant experience in audio design or closely
- Experience with digital signal processing theory.
- Experience with modeling and simulating acoustic systems or
transmission line systems.
- PhD degree in Engineering, Physics, or similar field.
- Track record in developing real time algorithms for audio or
control system solutions.
- Strong background in control theory and passion for audio.
- Skilled at audio and acoustic measurements using standard
equipment from SoundCheck, Audio Precision, Bruel & Kjaer, or
About the job
You are a smart and highly motivated engineer who will help
design the next generation of technologies that can control/modify
the perceived sound field. This role will include acoustic
modeling, algorithm design, and system design. A strong expertise
in signal processing theory and acoustic modeling or transmission
line modeling are required for this role. You will be working on
architecting and prototyping new technology solutions, with a focus
on innovating solutions to take the many unsolved problems in this
field. You will be working in a small team that is focused on
innovation and pushing the boundaries of what is possible with
audio. The job will span a wide range from theoretical work,
simulations, lab testing, and prototyping with focus on fast
iteration and testing of new ideas.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make
it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team
combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create
radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and
develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's
interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful.
Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us,
advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the
Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through
- Develop models for acoustic simulations of systems for
- Develop measurement methodologies and experiments to gain
deeper insight into behavior of acoustic systems for
- Use insights gained from simulations and measurements to design
novel algorithms and system solutions, taking into account real
- Participate in designing and evaluation of prototypes
implementing new design concepts.
- Interact cross-functionally with others teams and bring new
ideas to the table.
Keywords: Google Inc., Irvine , Algorithm Architect, Hearables, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!