Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you'll do:
This person will work closely with the Director of Test and
Development, Prototype Shop Manager, and PM teams to deliver
Prototype projects on-time and to a high quality.
- Work with system engineers to deliver production intent vehicle
systems on the prototypes. Audit designs for manufacturing
feasibility. Weigh problem fixes against project needs to determine
best solution on the floor.
- Design prototype level parts and systems for shop
manufacturing. Use DFM and DF Prototyping to make sure parts can be
fabricated quickly and to a high quality.
- Work with manager and technicians to create new and improve
existing shop processes to improve speed and quality.
- Work with Program Management team and Shop Manager to determine
- Build and Maintain work instructions for prototype vehicle
assembly and retrofit projects
- Clean and organized worker to maintain overall shop cleanliness
This is what you'll need:
- 3+ years experience in prototype environment
- A strong understanding and experience in a prototype and
fabrication shop processes
- BS Mechanical or relevant engineering degree
- Ability to solve problems quickly in a dynamic work environment
with aggressive timelines
- Passion for building in free time
- Willing to travel
- CAD software experience (Catia, Solidworks, UG, etc.)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.