Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop and manage vehicle system validation plans for all
- Establish criteria required to demonstrate requirements are
being met (e.g. sample size, statistical, attribute vs. variable,
- Research and benchmark interior system validation tests that do
not currently exist in the Rivian portfolio but are necessary for
target vehicle performance.
- Ensure plan updates are made when new requirements are
established, or new design controls evolve from DFMEA reviews.
- Work with outside testing vendors to quote and source
validation testing according to program budget.
- Manage outside testing vendors to plan testing according to
part availability and required completion date.
- Review test procedures with testing vendor to insure
requirements are being met.
- View validation testing as necessary and practical, especially
new or unique tests.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues found during validation
testing. Work with development engineers to resolve and document
- Receive and catalogue outside test vendor reports according to
record retention policy.
- Prepare and publish Rivian test reports and archive according
to record retention policy.
- Collect and review full-service-supplier validation test
reports and DVP&R documentation for sub-system sign-off as
- Ensure certification tests and reports are managed correctly
and published according to certification and compliance groups
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- B.S. or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in automotive requirements and/or
- Experience with statistical methods to establish and assess
reliability and confidence requirements for validation test
- Ability to self-direct and adapt quickly to program
- Working knowledge of regulatory and certification
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office software and use of
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Interior Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.