Sr. Manufacturing Engineer, Electro-Optics
Company: Ametek, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- B.S. Engr., Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or another
related field, plus 8 years of related industry experience
- M.S. Engr., Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or another
related field, plus 6 years of related industry experience
- Optical engineering skills with a proven track record for
developing optical assembly and metrology methods.
- Project and/or program management experience
- Proven track record for successfully assembling and testing
complex optical systems from prototype to volume
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform effectively in a technically diverse teaming
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel to meet program needs and support the
development of new business opportunities.
- Programming experience in Matlab, Python, or similar
- Expert level expertise with Excel
- Experience setting up production assembly and test data
management in a production database
- Competent with Zemax and SolidWorks
- Bachelor's or master's degree in optical engineeringThe Zygo
Electro-Optics group designs and builds a wide variety of cutting
edge optical devices in a wide range of applications including
medical imaging, laser surgery, gene sequencing, AR/VR, commercial
space, semiconductor, and defense. As a Sr. Manufacturing engineer,
you would be a key member of the E-O engineering team taking a
broad range of designs from concept to production. This work
requires the ability to understand and make decisions based upon
fundamental engineering principles and is performed with minimal
technical direction. The candidate must possess a strong desire to
work in fast-paced high intensity environment with a small tightly
knit design and development team. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review designs for manufacturability
- Design, development, and execution of assembly and test tooling
- Define manufacturing process and detailed work instructions for
- Define the facilities infrastructure needed to support building
- Assist in planning and development of manufacturing work cells
and equipment for efficient production.
- Track build data and analyze to define trends and operating
problems to facilitate problem solving.
- Manage the assembly schedule and quality for new products on a
project or program basis.
- Lead troubleshooting activities for product development and
- Technical communication of product metrology and assembly
topics directly to the customer's technical leads.
- Lead transfer of product into volume manufacturing.
- Participate in the business development opportunity development
and capture process as the manufacturing engineer.
- Define the assembly labor content and technical input for the
- Train technicians on new product assembly methods and
Keywords: Ametek, Inc., Irvine , Sr. Manufacturing Engineer, Electro-Optics, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!