The Sci Associate III will be assisting senior level scientists
in developing biomaterial-based next generation drug delivery
products for medical aesthetics applications.
The scope of the work includes biomaterial engineering via
polymer synthesis and characterization, as well as developing drug
delivery products via formulation preparation and analysis.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, inquisitive and dependable,
with a strong scientific foundation in Biomaterials, Drug Delivery,
Pharmaceutics, or a related discipline, and excellent collaboration
as well as communication skills.
The worker must conduct their work activities in compliance with
all internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory
Internal requirements include compliance with ethics,
environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and
general business policies, requirements and objectives.
KEY DUTIES, AUTHORITY TO ACT AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under specific direction, plans and effectively executes
experimental studies supporting material engineering and
formulation development projects. Applies scientific principles to
the execution of the studies, as well as to the interpretation of
Is highly engaged in lab productivity and safety. Offers
suggestions for improving general lab efficiency along with
offering/implementing suggestion for improving syntheses,
formulations, SOPs, and procedures in general. Maintains
cleanliness and safety of the lab.
- Actively works in a team environment and assist with
Contributes to cross-functional collaborations.
Keep detailed and organized notebooks and documentation.
Education and Experience:
B. S. or M.S degree in Polymer Chemistry, Materials Engineering,
Biomedical Engineering, Drug Delivery, Pharmaceutics, or related
A minimum of 2+ (for B.S) or 0+ (for M.S) years industrial or
post-graduate experience is a must.
Good understanding of the scientific principles for biopolymer
chemistry is essential. Work experience involving biomaterials or
drug delivery is a plus.
Experience in biomaterial or polymer development for biomedical
applications or polymer-based protein delivery is desirable.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of technical principles, theories, and
concepts in the field including knowledge of chemical
principles/reactions. Some knowledge of other related
- Strong laboratory skills with ability to follow and execute
study protocols or plans under the safety guidelines from the
company or agencies.
- Ability to be an effective and dependable team player in a team
- Ability to work independently and effectively multi-task with
minimal supervision under the guidance of scientists.
- Ability to scientifically interpret study observations and
communicate with clarity.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in
both oral and written form.
- Ability to learn new technical skills and expand skill set or
scope of responsibility when needed.
- Ability to solve technical problems and contribute to
innovative solution ideas by thinking outside the box.
- Ability to maintain accuracy, consistency and quality of
documentation following company or agency guidelines.
- Ability to learn and function in a controlled environment
including but not limited to handling confidential information
under the guidelines from the company, agencies or any other
relevant governance bodies.
- Ability to implement and generate new protocols and procedures.
Ability to offer continuous suggestion for improving lab
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions within own work
- Ability to interface cross-functionally with other levels of
- Ability to showcase leadership skills of being excellence
focused, ownership thinker, open and authentic.