Fixture Shop Lead
Company: Masimo Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI) headquartered in Irvine, California, is a
fast-growing and award-winning international medical technology and
device company with operations spanning the globe. We develop
innovative, noninvasive monitoring technologies that save, extend
and improve the lives of people of all ages, in all walks of life.
These revolutionary technologies are helping to solve "unsolvable"
problems that have plagued the healthcare industry, while taking
the pain and discomfort out of blood monitoring. For more than 25
years, innovation has been and will continue to be our passion.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.masimo.com
The Fixture Shop Lead will be responsible for managing the
ongoing operation of the in house fixture shop. The ideal candidate
will have a background in both tooling/fixture design and in
machine shop management. The Fixture Shop Lead will collaborate
with engineering management to set priorities, with tooling
engineers to provide DFM feedback, and machinists to optimize the
output of the machine shop.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Experience working in machine shops and demonstrated
understanding of CNC mills and lathes, manual mills, lathes, and
- Demonstrated ability to create and read technical drawings
using GD&T best practices
- Familiarity with metrology techniques (CMM, Scanners, Optical
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technically both orally and
- Demonstrated the ability to debug and solve practical problems
with minimal supervision
- Must have experience using Solidworks to design components to
be fabricated (3D model & associated detailed drawings)
- Experience using Mastercam to program both 2D and 3D toolpaths
for 3, 4, or 5 axis mills (lathe is a plus)
- Experience using Haas machines and controls including using
wireless probing and tool setting features
- CSWP (Certified Solidworks Professional)
- 5+ years of machine shop experience preferably in a management
- 3+ years of fixture or tooling design experience in order to
provide effect design feedback to engineers
- Associates degree in Design or Engineering from a two-year
technical school or college or relevant experience
- BSME or equivalent engineering degree preferred
Physical requirements/Work Environment
This position primarily works in an office environment. It
requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a
computer and other computing and digital devices is required. May
stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in
the facilities. Some local/ international travel is necessary (up
to 20%), so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a
valid Driver's license and passport is required.
The physical demands of the position described herein are
essential functions of the job and employees must be able to
successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable
accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or
perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
Masimo is an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission /
Affirmative Action employer. We encourage Minorities, Females,
Disabled and Veterans to apply.
- NO AGENCIES PLEASE* Thank you!
Keywords: Masimo Corporation, Irvine , Fixture Shop Lead, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!