Senior Gameplay Animator
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Lightspeed LA is seeking a talented, Senior Gameplay Animator
with a passion for pushing interactive performances to the next
level. In this role, you will be collaborating with industry
veterans to craft the highest quality animations in our AAA
storytelling medium. The ideal candidate is a skilled animator, who
has the creative and technical experience to craft move-sets and
interactive animations that look and feel good in-game.
- Collaborate with game designers and programmers to craft
high-quality performances that both look and feel amazing.
- Take ownership of your animations. You are responsible for
previz, mocap planning, clean-up, key-framing, implementation,
playtesting, and iterate until it looks & feels terrific!
- Proactively communicate with programmers, designers, artists,
and writers to align your animations with mission objectives,
gameplay intentions, art direction, and story.
- Willingness to explore ideas, change animations, and
give/receive constructive feedback.
- Be helpful to your team and contribute to maintaining a
supportive and creative work environment.
- 7+ years of video game animation development experience.
- Have experience editing and animating with motion capture data
- Have strong understanding of realistic body mechanics and
- Have good sense for weight, timing, and style for your
- Good work ethic and a willingness to push the game animation
- Have good understanding of cinematography and camera
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal
- Can learn new tools and techniques for animation
- Self-starter and innovative problem solver.
- Shipped at least one AAA title
- Experience with Motion Builder
- Expert knowledge of facial animation and lip-sync.
- Experience with Scripting
- Expert knowledge of weapon animations
- Expert knowledge of melee combat
- Experience with animal/creature animations
- Experience with motion-matching / pose-matching
To prioritize health and safety during the pandemic, we are
working remotely until further notice, and will be conducting
interviews virtually. The position is still expected to be 100%
onsite in Irvine, California as soon as it is appropriate.
Keywords: Tencent, Irvine , Senior Gameplay Animator, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!