Company: AmTrust Financial Services, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Construction Defect Staff Counsel
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., a fast-growing commercial
insurance company, has an immediate need for an Attorney with
construction defect experience to join our Southern California
Staff Counsel office. The position partners with AmTrust's insureds
and claims professionals to deliver the best possible result in
construction defect and property damage lawsuits. Flexible location
can be based in our Irvine office or can be remote working from
- Independently handle a large volume of construction defect
cases from inception to trial.
- Analyze complex legal and factual issues, conduct legal
research, independently develop and present defense strategies on
behalf of AmTrust's insureds.
- Prepare pleadings, judicial counsel forms, written discovery,
motions and briefs in support of legal defense strategies.
- Provide effective and timely communications, information, legal
advice and other services to clients and claims professionals on
legal and factual issues.
- Position requires the use of superior independent judgment,
research, litigation and analytical skills.
- Work closely with the AmTrust's claims professionals.
- Responsible for the prompt, efficient and effective disposition
of assigned cases.
- JD from an ABA approved school and license to practice in
- 5+ years of construction defect defense litigation
- Excellent knowledge of civil procedure, rules of evidence and
verbal and writing skills.
- Extensive deposition and alternative dispute resolution
experience a must and trial experience preferred.
- Ability to handle cases in all the counties of Southern
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. offers a competitive
compensation package and excellent career advancement
opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life
Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care
Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where
thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected.
This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences
with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation,
culture, religion or disabilities.AmTrust values excellence and
recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and
perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive
advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business
imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best
talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and
practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how
we operate and how we see our future.
Keywords: AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., Irvine , Staff Counsel, Other , irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!