Sr. Engineer - Architecture & Packaging
Company: Karma Automotive
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Southern California-based Karma is more than just a car company.
Although we are best known as a creator of soul-stirring luxury
electric vehicles, Karma has emerged as a high-tech incubator
offering innovators a perfect platform to prove their emerging
technologies. Every Revero is designed at our Headquarters in
Irvine and created with great individual care and world-class
craftsmanship at the Karma Innovation and Customization Center in
Moreno Valley, CA.
The Sr. Engineer - Architecture & Packaging will take part in
geometrical development and validation for
design/architecture/packaging/advanced engineering activities.
- Congregate and validate all geometrical requirements.
- Together with the architecture team, develop the geometrical
total vehicle concepts for the entire model range.
- Recognize and solve incoherent geometrical requirements with
the relevant partners.
- Turn over geometrical decisions in the architecture team into
concept surfaces for engineering and design.
- Support Design, and Development with Packaging activities of
the Mechanical vehicle systems and the Electrical systems, both
high- and low-voltage.
- Support the engineering team with everyday CAD tasks and
projects related to vehicle development.
- Perform benchmarking of competitive vehicles.
- Research engineering solutions.
- Interface with surfacing, engineering, and suppliers.
- Comply with regulatory and feasibility requirements.
- Develop and maintain the geometrical reference for the entire
- Support CAD/Clay Modeling teams.
- Attend Design and Engineering meetings.
- Prepare presentations for upper management.
- Collaboration with Design, Engineering, and Marketing.
- Issue resolution and negotiation.
- Interact directly with suppliers.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Experience / Education:
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Automotive Design/Engineering
or related field preferred (equivalent in extensive experience
- Minimum 15 years of experience in developing departments design
engineering/total vehicle concepts/packaging.
- Experience in developing production solutions, balancing
functionality, cost, and weight.
- Understanding of 3D as it relates to Clay and CAD.
- Eligible to work in the US.
- Adobe Suite, MS Office Suite.
- Autodesk Alias Catia V5/V6.
- Design for Manufacturability knowledge.
- Regulatory knowledge as it relates to Interior and Exterior
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015)
and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as
No 3rd Parties. Principals Only, Please
Come and join the great Karma Team, where you can make a career!
Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays
and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity (EEO)
employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender
identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status,
pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national
origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic
information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and
group protected by applicable law. Karma Automotive LLC complies
with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to
all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability.
Valid driver's license may be required based on essential
Keywords: Karma Automotive, Irvine , Sr. Engineer - Architecture & Packaging, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!