Req ID: R0034870
Specific information related to the position is outlined below.
To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create
an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will
provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the
application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by
emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox
is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other
correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English
(Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
**Please Read**- Due to current industry and market demands,
candidates without current or very recent mortgage loan
underwriting experience will not be considered.
Underwriter is responsible for underwriting residential mortgage
loans to ensure compliance with bank, investor and secondary market
standards. Communicate with teammates and external clients. Meet
performance standards and goals established by the bank. Approve
acceptable loans lending authority up to $2 million. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.
Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not
mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to
1. Perform detailed underwriting analysis of all Truist
Financial Correspondent loan products including calculating all
income type, calculating complex financial analysis, analyzing
title reports and lien information, reviewing all financial
statements, appraisals for product eligibility requirements, and
reviewing any additional documentation prior to approval and clear
2. Ensure that all loan files are documented to meet portfolio
and investor guidelines to ensure marketability and maintain
3. Possess a strong understanding of multiple Correspondent
Lending products, policies, processes, and their required
4. Adequately condition loans to meet Correspondent Lending
products, policies, processes, and their required
5. Extensive communication with clients required which may
include training opportunities to improve loan submission
6. Adhere to all compliance regulations and controls.
7. Conduct proactive and effective pipeline management to ensure
that metrics are met.
8. Function as Subject Matter Expert for fulfillment projects
9. Expectation of 2 files underwritten per day.
10. Assist in the training of less experienced underwriters and
supporting sales team.
11. Develop and maintain positive working relationship with
teammates, external clients, and business partners.
12. Cultivate relationships with peers as a peer mentor.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
1. Bachelor's degree in Business or related field, or equivalent
education and related training.
2. 4+ years of mortgage loan underwriting experience.
3. Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal, in
relating to teammates and external clients.
4. Demonstrate proficiency in basic computer applications, such
as mortgage automated processing systems and Microsoft Office
1. Basic knowledge of bank services and products.
2. Direct endorsement
3. FHA/VA/Bond Experience.
4. Jumbo, Wealth and Construction experience. OTHER JOB
REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Sitting Constantly (More than 50% of the time)
- Visual / Audio / Speaking
Able to access and interpret client information received from
the computer and able to hear and speak with individuals in person
and on the phone.
- Manual Dexterity / Keyboarding
Able to work standard office equipment, including PC keyboard
and mouse, copy/fax machines, and printers.
Able to work all hours scheduled, including overtime as directed
by manager/supervisor and required by business need. Position can
sit remotely anywhere within the Truist Retail Bank Footprint. This
includes the states of NC, FL, TX, PA, VA, GA, TN, DC, MD, SC, AL,
WV, KY, OH, IN, NJ, AK, and MS. Truist supports a diverse workforce
and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate
against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, veteran status or other classification protected by
law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist!
BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational
merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial
organization in the country. You may notice references to our
legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout
this site. All such references should be understood to refer to
Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist
name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust
have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create
Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may
notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and
SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references
should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we
continue to transition to the Truist name.
2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust