Staff Air Quality Engineer (Entry Level)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
ERM is seeking a motivated Staff Air Quality Engineer to join
our consulting team in Irvine or Ontario, CA. The successful
candidate will work on a variety of interesting technical projects
for clients in the manufacturing, technology, and other commercial
sectors throughout the Southern California area. This is an
excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team
on challenging environmental management projects for large
industrial and global clients. Access to ERM's local and national
Air Quality & Climate Change experts provides knowledge sharing of
best practices across the industry and ongoing learning
opportunities for our team.
ERM's Air Quality & Climate Change technical community pursues
and wins highly innovative engagements for the most interesting
clients, providing the full breadth of air quality and climate
change services. With annual global sales in excess of $50 million,
ERM's Air Quality & Climate Change service area is one of the
largest among its peers in our industry and is steadily growing at
a double-digit pace. In North America alone, ERM has more than 300
dedicated air quality and climate change professionals assisting
clients with projects as diverse as developing responses to
emerging Low Carbon Fuel Standards, to leading complex capital
projects through the many hurdles associated with the NSR
- Conduct air quality analyses, assess regulatory compliance, and
perform regulatory applicability evaluations.
- Develop complete and accurate air quality permits for Title V,
PSD, and New Source Review compliance. Interact with local
regulators to steward permit application review and issuance.
- Prepare emission inventory reports; quantify air pollutant
emissions and impacts.
- Evaluate air pollution control technologies, including
technical and economic feasibility of air pollution control
- Implement climate change projects, such as greenhouse gas
inventories, emission reductions, energy efficiency, public
disclosure and verification.
- Assist clients with MACT compliance programs.
- Implement environmental compliance management systems and
- Prepare recommendations and reporting of results.
- Perform environmental compliance audits and implement follow-up
corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and
- Perform multiple tasks within scope/budget/schedule
expectations and ensure quality standards on project
- Interact and maintain successful relationships with clients,
ERM employees, and subcontractors.
- BS in Environmental Science, Meteorology, Environmental,
Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Recent graduate to 2 years of direct consulting or industry
experience involving state construction and Title V permitting;
PSD, NSR, BACT, and/or MACT experience a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of air emissions and emission
- Strong hands-on spreadsheet and database comprehension.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment,
handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines,
and traveling to client facilities as needed.
Who We Are:
As the world's leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is
uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society
through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide.
Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our
service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our
partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the
clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we
will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our
investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring,
developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients
and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We
achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and
living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our
People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on
review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not
forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other
company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We
do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as
a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Keywords: ERM, Irvine , Staff Air Quality Engineer (Entry Level), Other , irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!