Senior VFX Artist
Company: Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Senior VFX Artist
Arcane Explosion and Ancient Healing! Claw and Cleave! Bane of
Doom! The Hearthstone team is looking for a Senior FX artist to
create evocative visual effects in the fun and whimsical style that
is synonymous with Hearthstone. You'll develop real time FX from
concept to implementation and work to maintain a consistent
aesthetic across all the FX in the game. The ideal candidate has a
strong grasp of color, texture, shape and timing as relates to FX
and a real passion for gameplay and storytelling.
Do you have experience working with in-game FX systems and 3D
packages to build everything from fire, slime, and magic to pack
openings and legendary summons, as well as a general understanding
of good gameplay communication? Do you also have a deep
understanding of the principles of anticipation, follow-though,
staging, and other facets of animation? If so, we need you!
If you're ready to work alongside a team of the best artists,
engineers, designers, and producers on the planet and enjoy the
support of a company whose culture is all about collaborative game
development, we want to hear from you!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home
model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time.
This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand
each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to
explore possible interim options.
- Creation of handcrafted visual effects to be used in real-time
- Technical setup, implementation, and troubleshooting of VFX in
- Work with lead artists to ensure timely completion of fabulous
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions,
critiques, and reviews.
- Experience with crafting consistently charming, eye-catching,
real-time effects (FX) using Photoshop, Maya, and in-game FX
- Minimum 5 years in the games industry, AAA game experience
- Proven game design awareness and an exceptional game
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color, details, and the
ability to use them in creating beautiful visual effects that
- Self-motivation, excellent interpersonal skills, and able to
work within a team.
- Positive attitude and able to receive and provide objective
- Passion for crafting charming and light-hearted imagery
synonymous with Hearthstone.
- A passion for games.
- Experience creating real-time, in-game VFX for a variety of
platforms from desktop to mobile.
- Familiarity with the Unity game engine.
- Technical skills such as experience shader authoring,
scripting, or working with FSMs such as PlayMaker.
- Previous game production experience.
Application & Portfolio Materials
- Cover Letter (optional)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog,
or online album)
- Must be willing to complete an art test if required to do
Job Status: Fulltime
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing
our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits
and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've
worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative
environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training
and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything.
Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are
dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiencesever.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
You'll develop real time FX from concept to implementation and
work to maintain a consistent aesthetic across all the FX in the
game. Technical setup, implementation, and troubleshooting of VFX
in Unity. Work with lead artists to ensure timely completion of
fabulous VFX assets. Serve as an active participant in team art
discussions, critiques, and reviews. Application & Portfolio
Materials. self-motivation, positive attitude, communication, game
design, scripting, unity game engine, excellent interpersonal
skills, fx systems, visual effects, vfx, photoshop, consistent,
Principal Lead Software Engineer, Lead Software Engineer, Lead UX
Engineer, Senior Software Engineering Manager, Senior Lead Software
Engineer, Software Engineering Manager, Senior Web Engineer, VFX
Artist, Senior UI & UX Designer, Senior UI Architect
Keywords: Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., Irvine , Senior VFX Artist, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!