Design - Senior Architectural Designer-SS
Company: IPS-Integrated Project Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Architect I, II, or Senior
Architect, the Senior Architectural Designer works with a team of
Designers, Architects and Engineers to assist with the design and
development of architectural projects in an effort to help meet or
exceed the expectation of the customer (client). This individual
may supervise a less senior designer however will primarily work on
technical aspects of a project.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Corrects and updates design documents. Develops solutions to
design problems. Reviews drawings and documents to assure
compliance with company design and production standards.
- Assists in the development of design documentation for the
following design phases; masterplanning, schematic, preliminary,
and construction documentation.
- Proactively alerting team members of a project design change
which may affect time and costs of the project.
- Keeps Project Team aware of workload and requests additional
resources and work assignments ahead of schedule
- Works with equipment suppliers/vendors to obtain the necessary
information needed for design completion.
- Interacts with clients on a limited basis to secure scope and
- Research equipment selection from catalogs under the direction
of the Architect.
- Ensure acceptable levels of quality and checks for coordination
of work to assure documents reflect design intent and necessary
- Support construction administration activities such as
preparing bulletins, construction sketches, submittal review, and
RFI responses as well as performing on-site observations and field
support when called upon.
- Coordinates architecturaldesign work with related engineering
disciplines. Attend job and construction meetings and participate
in the coordination of the work
- Capable of recognizing design support abilities of team and
empowering those to have opportunities to elevate their design
capabilities through my challenging assignments.
- Assists the design team with design solutions by having the
ability to interpret drawing mark-up drawings and execute changes
on the project based on such mark-ups
- UsesRevit to develop architectural design documentation that
aligns with company BIM/CAD standards.
- Reviews drawings and documents to assure compliance with
company design and production standards.
- Ability to work as a team member and capable of interpreting
the Project Architect's design requests.
- Participate in architecturaldesign work coordination with
related engineering disciplines.
- Supports and/or leads field visits and site surveys when
requested by the Architect
- Capable of creating renderings, generate diagrams and special
projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK
- Minimumof 6+years of previous architectural design office
- Bachelor Degree; Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) degree with
NAAB Accreditation is strongly preferred.
- Life Sciences Industry experience preferred however not
- Must be highly proficient in the use of Autodesk Revit and
possess a strong understanding of BIM workflows;
- Ample experience and knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and
plumbing system design and how these systems integrate into
- Has an adequate understanding of building codes and
- The ability to exhibit and develop strong oral and written
- Proven team player with strong time management skills; must be
able to juggle more than one project at a time
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY
- Travel duration, if any, is based on project complexity and
- This position is a safety sensitive position. The employee is
designated for field work and attends activities at client sites
where they work in construction, process, packaging, manufacturing,
research or other "non-administrative" areas.
- Must exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit by consistently seeking
new opportunities to add value to the organization. Must strive for
excellence in all aspects of job performance.
- Must approach their work enthusiastically with a contagious
energy and drive that shows everyone they love what they do.
- Must be capable and willing for upholding the highest level of
professionalism by maintaining the Health, Safety, and Welfare for
all their projects and occupants that will inhabit these
- Must show competency in finding meaningful purpose and
maintaining the upmost level of pride in their work.
- Must display creativity and innovation by continually working
to improve solutions, tools, methods and service delivery
- Must conduct oneself with an uncompromising commitment to the
welfare of our clients and each other. Must act in an ethical,
professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Must be willing and able to maintain composure under pressure
in order to meet schedule deadlines and budgets.
- Must be willing to keep an open mind and respect co-workers
ideas even if disagreeing
- Must exhibit the ability to build and sustain long term
relationships of mutual value through teamwork.
- Must be driven to succeed and committed to goal
- Must be willing to come to the office every day to learn
something new, and when possible, teach something new to a
- Must be punctual and capable of putting in the required time
for project and office related events and activities.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing
innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering,
construction, commissioning and qualification of complex
pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities.
With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to
large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology,
trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital
projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have
applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life
cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more
efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs.
Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company
with over 1,500 professionals worldwide and offices in California,
Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina,
Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Singapore,
Switzerland, Germany, United Kingdom and four locations in India.
Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com.
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction,
Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic
Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls,
Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and
Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of
protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not
seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search
firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past
practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at
IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS
in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a
specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no
fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a
result of the referral or through other means.
Keywords: IPS-Integrated Project Services, Irvine , Design - Senior Architectural Designer-SS, Other , irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!