FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT III - IRVINE CANCER OP TRTMNT CTR
Company: Hoag Hospital Newport Beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Front Office Assistant for the Outpatient Treatment Center team
of Hoag Hospital and its affiliates (the "Organization") perform a
variety of clerical duties and front office operations in support
of the patient care activities, ensuring even patient flow and
continuous communication within the Infusion Center, referring
physician offices, and organizational staff.
The Front Office Assistant displays and practices a work style that
reflects the mission, vision, and values of the Outpatient
Treatment Center, as well as the Organization. Participates in the
continuous quality improvement process. Maintains a working
knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures, including
the use of specialized instrumentation, Quality Control
requirements, and preventive maintenance
Essential Functions :
- Facilitates the registration and scheduling process for
patients presenting to the Outpatient Treatment Center.
- Greets visitors promptly and courteously, using eye contact
upon their arrival in the Outpatient Treatment Center.
- Answers phones and assists walk-in patients, consistently
providing timely and accurate information to patients, physicians,
organization personnel, and the public sector to achieve the
highest possible level of satisfaction.
- Collects initial demographic and clinical patient information
and enters it into the medical record.
- Compiles charts for new patients and prepares charts for the
- Supports administrative functions for the Outpatient Infusion
Center as requested.
Education, Training, and Experience :
- High School Graduate or equivalent education and experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word,
and Excel required.
- Minimum of one-year medical front office or equivalent
administrative experience required.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
- Two years of medical front office experience preferred.
- Experience within an acute healthcare system environment
- Knowledge of healthcare database systems preferred.
- Understanding of insurance procedures preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare-related field preferred.
- Three (3) years front office experience within an acute
healthcare system environment.
Skills or Other Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, plus a full
understanding of medical insurance procedures.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including
Outlook, Word, and Excel.
License and Certifications:
Keywords: Hoag Hospital Newport Beach, Irvine , FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT III - IRVINE CANCER OP TRTMNT CTR, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!