Visual Effects Artist
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Amazon Games is looking for a VFX Artist to join our New World
team in Sunny Irvine, CA. In New World, players will fight for
survival as they explore and conquer the mysterious island of
Aeternum. The VFX Artist implements, under supervision, video game
special effects in accordance with a project's artistic direction
and production deadlines. The ideal candidate should have strong
artistic skills, and an understanding of the technical constraints
on the target platforms. You have a knack for transforming ideas
into fluid animations and rich effects. A high degree of
familiarity with industry standard tools is desired and a great
portfolio is preferred.
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the
world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative
people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths
that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and
locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming
experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future
where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete,
collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the
right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch
and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in
gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working
alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the
- Create, manage and optimize VFX assets with supervision to
complete assets by scheduled deadlines.
- Work with Leads to create requested assets
- Understands simple and standard VFX asset creation, minimal
technical knowledge and no work flow experience.
- Ensures VFX are optimized in accordance with the approved game
style and technical requirements constraints.
- Cultivate an organized and disciplined workflow
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to
furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led
affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and
annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our
Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender
diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on
work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe
striking the right balance between your personal and professional
life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment.
Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with
mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad
mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an
environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career
- 2+ years professional experience with at least 1 shipped AAA
title or equivalent work in a related field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Art or equivalent experience in related
- Online Portfolio demonstrating ability to create VFX and
implement for real-time game engine.
- Experience with PopcornFX, Cascade/Niagara, Unity's Particle
- Experience using game engines (Unity, Unreal Engine,
- Experience using image manipulation software (Adobe Photoshop,
- Experience with 3D software (Autodesk, Blender, Houdini,
- Experience with animation software (Adobe After Effects,
Maya/Max, Blender, DigiCel FlipBook, Toon Boom)
- Experience and knowledge of animation principles
- Ability to create flipbook texture sequences
- Ability to concept/storyboard VFX ideas
- Demonstrate basic understanding color theory, lighting,
modeling and UV texturing of a 3D object.
- Ability to interpret and transform abstract ideas into
- A high level of comfort with scripting tools
- Ability to accept feedback and implement suggestions
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on deadlines
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and
complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Irvine , Visual Effects Artist, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!