Company: Allegheny Ludlum
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innov ati on
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty
materials and complex components. Our products support diverse
markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas,
electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial
ATI is currently looking to hire a Controls Engineer for our
manufacturing facility in Irvine, California In this role you will
report to the Facilities Manager and be responsible for improving
and streamlining our manufacturing process by designing, modifying,
and installing control and automation systems; and by
troubleshooting and maintaining all programmable and hardwired
logic devices of industrial control equipment including
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Distributed Control Systems,
Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), Supervisory Control and Data
Acquisition systems (SCADA), and AC drives.
A successful Controls Engineer is a thought leader, problem
solver and strong communicator who will have to quickly develop a
strong understanding of the operation to identify and develop
efficient methods and processes to improve effectiveness,
efficiency and reliability through technology innovation. In order
to become successful, youll have to quickly learn ATI, our
equipment, systems and procedures to effectively lead efforts and
implement processes that ensure we are meeting goals and
- Provide controls and electrical support to equipment such as
hydraulic presses, gas-fired furnaces, and other equipment with the
goal of eliminating unplanned downtime.
- Prepare and maintain all data/documents regarding inspections,
routine maintenance and modifications on control system components
per preventive maintenance plans and/or assigned work orders.
- Partner with engineers, designers, operators and other
cross-functional teams on matters involving requirements or
performance of tools, machinery, equipment, buildings or facilities
to ensure strong outputs, reliability and efficiencies
- Assure machine controls are in compliance with environmental
health and safety regulations as determined by EH & S.
- Develop machine control program modules, test procedures and
training documents as needed.
- Apply programing updates and revisions to PLC applications
throughout the plant and maintain a revision/change log.
- Manage projects within cost and time constraints as
- Determine and communicate facility requirements needed to
support controls projects.
- Provide equipment operating procedures for new or modified
- Consult and communicate with department managers to plan and
schedule downtime as needed.
- Support the installation and purchase of new equipment.
- Recommend improvements and ensure solutions lead to greater
requirements for reliability
- Lead continuous improvement efforts of equipment through data
obtained by acquisition tools that will result in cost reductions
and improved efficiencies.
- P rovide mechanical support to equipment and systems when
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or
- At least one ( 1) year of experience with industrial control
systems (PLC, SCADA, HMI) applications
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to Basic Qualifications)
- Experience troubleshooting a variety of motors, pumps, and
electrical systems used in pneumatic and hydraulic
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the
ability to work collaboratively and effectively with
cross-functional teams including ATI employees, customers and
- Excellent ability to determine root cause of a problem,
establish corrective actions, and implement the actions, alone or
as part of a team, to eliminate the problem.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong ability to prioritize, organize and schedule work
effectively to meet objectives
- Thorough understanding of Electrical and NFPA codes and Safety
Regulations as related to electrical work.
- Working knowledge of MS Office
*It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for
any of the company's positions.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment
opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race,
color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin,
age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status
protected be federal or state law. The company will provide
reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in
the hiring process if so requested.
Keywords: Allegheny Ludlum, Irvine , Controls Engineer, Other , irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!